Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,915   Posts: 1,521,765   Online: 1079

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Congratulations Mike. It looks very exciting.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerik
    Mike,

Congrats on the new setup. I used 7x17 almost exclusively from 1992 - 2000 and loved it. I don't use it much anymore, though - mostly 14x17 and 12x20 now.

Clay Harmon is another APUGGER who does some great work with 7x17. He also has a Canham. I know he's been working on a website, but I don't think it's live yet.

Have fun with it!

Kerik
    www.kerik.com

ps Norm, thanks for the kind words.
    Hi Kerik:

I visited your site and saw your 7x17 images. Very elegant. Looking at your 12x20 work, I am beginning to think that this an ideal ULF format - the proportions have a great look and feel. That may be my next stop in ULF, possibly pasuing briefely at 16x20.

Thanks.

-Mike

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mike congrats on the new acquisition.

Ive been really loving working with mine for the last few months. very eye opening and each and every negative and print solidifies my love of the format.

Ill also second (or is it third) the sentiment of Kerik's gorgeous 7x17 images. very inspiring.

Im fairly new to the format but if I can help at all dont hesitate to PM or email me.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi
    Hi Kerik:

I visited your site and saw your 7x17 images. Very elegant. Looking at your 12x20 work, I am beginning to think that this an ideal ULF format - the proportions have a great look and feel. That may be my next stop in ULF, possibly pasuing briefely at 16x20.

Thanks.

-Mike
    7X17 is a beautiful format, yet quite easy to work in comparison to 8X20 and 12X20. In fact, I find it about as easy to port and use as an 8X10 (my 7X17 is a Canham). 8X20 and 12X20 on the other hand require much more effort. You might want to follow Kerik's lead and visit with the 7X17 a while.

Sandy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mike,

I've got a few 7x17 images at my site: http://www.steve-sherman.com/
    Enjoy the format, it is a terrific way to see.

Steve
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Man oh man! I dont see how some of you guys can afford this very expensive camera stuff! I would absolutly LOVE to shoot something larger then my 8x10 one day. I have two 8x10 cameras, a Calumet which cost about 200, and a Bender which was about 200....both of them I had to save like crazy to purchase.

If anyone is interested in contributing to the "Ryan McIntosh would like to shoot ULF" Foundation, please visit my Ebay Gallery under the name "XContactPrintsX". Selling my 8x10 AZO and platinum contact prints is my only income now, so I guess I need to start saving more to afford a fancy camera like that!

Best of luck with it! I cannot wait to see your first images!

Ryan McIntosh
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZxcontactprintsxQQhtZ-1

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I got the 7x17 back today and it is awesome. Mint condition and very big. It came with 1 AWB holder and the seller surprised me with an unopened box of HP5. I am buying 3 other holders from him at holf price, too. So I am all set in the 7x17 area for a while. I got a box of EFKE PL100 from JandC in the other day, too.

Thanks for everyones' feedback and pointers to images. I hope to have some of my own up in the next few months.

I believe my Schneider Symmar-S 480mm will cover this as well as my 24cm Dagor.

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike

OK, OK you can stop it now as I am totally jealous (I am sure I am not the only one), but please post some results when you get it all operational and good Luck/Light

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Looking forward to seeing your work with it, Mike.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Steve,

I poked my head in there as well, your site I mean. Very smooth tonalities. Say, what lens/film/developer/paper combo are you using? And are you using the Zone system? Or just an ordinary meter?

But, hey, if you don't want to part with your secrets, that's fine by me too.

Cheers,
    Me-fo-no

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin