Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,007   Online: 1043

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

7x17 toy

No secrets here!

I use J&C Classic 200 rated at 125 and developed in Pyrocat HD (Thanks Sandy) using Semi-Stand development technique. Check the forums, in particular the Azo Forum for more specfics on that wonderful little development trick.

Smooth Tonalities??? I firmly believe this is a result of exposing film in soft light and controlling negative contrast with a form of Stand Development in conjunction with reciprocity effects and good printing.
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Can anyone tell me how they scan 7x17 prints for uploading to APUG? My scanner isn't that big (no ULF scanner<g>). I can only think of taking a picture of a print with my d* camera and uploading that.

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stitch the scans - very simple. Canon give away a great little free stictching program with their digicams called photostitch - works a treat.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Steve, I looked at your website and was quite amazed by your work. I have dedicated about 4 years to large format, exclusively printing in AZO and have yet to see color like that on your prints. I believe you when you say that the tonalities are no secret because you shoot in soft light, but the print color, uhhmm... Do you increase you KBr a lot or do you use a brown toner or a light sepia toner with bleach?
    Just curious! Great work!

Christian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Christain,

I do strive to produce the color you see on my web site in my work. However, the images you see on my web site have a colorized layer for web reproduction to try to replicate the orginal feel.

I always used Portriga Rapid in my silver work and have tried to replicate that color with Azo, no easy task by the way.

Since meetng Michael Mutamnsky and seeing his demo on gum bichromate over palladium I will try my hand at the heavy metal processes, always striving to maintain the warm tones.

Michael and Paula's Amidol formula is the best starting point I have found to move Azo to the warm side but still needs more teaking in my opinion.

Good Luck, Steve
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The man I bought the back from sold me 3 other AWB holders, a CASE of HP5, a dark cloth for the 7x17 and a great bag to carry everything in. All for about 50% or less and all in mint condition. I am so psyched. I believe he lurks around here if he is not a member. If you are reading this, my friend, thank you so much for taking great care of these great items and for passing them on to someone who loves and appreciates them. As for actually using them, we shall see<g>.

Take care all.

-Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin