Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,526   Posts: 1,572,361   Online: 1044

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Hird
    Ole, yes it was the 00 shutter. I enquired about getting it put into a Copal through SK Grimes but it turned out that it would have cost me as much as getting a "new" used SA 90.

So there it sits ...
    My 65mm f/8 Super Angulon is in a #00 Synchro Compur. The shutter was running a bit slow, so I sent it off to Carol (Flutot) Miller for a CLA. It now runs like a champ! You may want to drop her a note with a description of your problem (she's a member here)... she just might be able to fix it.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I think I'm in the minority here. I used to own a 90mm SA in a Japanese shutter. I hated this lens. I could not get a sharp image to save my life. Any picture I took with it, I could not enlarge and even contact prints were not that sharp. It was as contrasty as it was sharp. Yes, it was coated, I think multi-coated. I sold it as soon as I could. I have many other lenses and all of them are better lenses.

When you use it, take a real close and honest look to see just how sharp it is.

-Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Mine's pretty good--1970s single coated version. You might just have had a dog, Mike, or maybe it had been disassembled and not recollimated properly, or maybe you were missing a spacer ring.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

90mm SA

I have one of these in a compur 00( I asssume as the mounting hole diameter is 27mm can anyone confirm?) I bought it for $95 from a local camera shop that got it on an estate sale. They didn't want to bother with having it checked out so they sold it "as is". I sent it to SK Grimes, they cla'd it and repaired the broken case.The glass is mint and its sharp as a tack, or maybe sharper, the shutter works fine but I would rather have it have a"view option" than focusing using the bulb setting and locking cable release. Can anyone confirm the compur 00 question?
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    My 65mm f/8 Super Angulon is in a #00 Synchro Compur. The shutter was running a bit slow, so I sent it off to Carol (Flutot) Miller for a CLA. It now runs like a champ! You may want to drop her a note with a description of your problem (she's a member here)... she just might be able to fix it.
    Mine now runs about as slow as possible - I ripped the shutter mechanism out of the shutter so it now functions as a lens in a barrel. It is impossible to fix after my modifications.

One day I'll get around to getting a "new" shutter for it, or I'll just sell it as is. Pity, because it was one of the sharpest lenses I've ever had (Linhof stamped and all ....).
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    I'll second that. When I got back from my Oregon trip, I sent Carol my favorite Schneider 135mm to CLA. She did a fantastic job and her turnaround was quite fast. I wouldn't hesitate to send her shutters in the future.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Hird
    Mine now runs about as slow as possible - I ripped the shutter mechanism out of the shutter so it now functions as a lens in a barrel. It is impossible to fix after my modifications.

One day I'll get around to getting a "new" shutter for it, or I'll just sell it as is. Pity, because it was one of the sharpest lenses I've ever had (Linhof stamped and all ....).
    There's a Compur 00 shutter on ebay right now: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...532810474&rd=1
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    After David took a look at the lens, I am glad to know that it's older than I am and can still work. The haze won't be too much trouble for me, but I have to try it to find out. A little cleaning would be very helpful. Shutter seems ok.

Also, I got a beautiful caltar IIN 150mm form Jeff, love it. and some films holders from Jorge, plus I already had tripod, large black T-shirt, and light meter ready, what do I missing here? well, a camera!

Thanks for your help, I'll try to get the camera ASAP and start shooting! Just can't wait.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    There's a Compur 00 shutter on ebay right now: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...532810474&rd=1
    Wish I was paying attention - it sold for $10!
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin