Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,510   Online: 970

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hi Jorge,
    320mm Protar V. 450mm Nikon f9/soft corners. 600mm Fuji. There were a couple of 320mm protars on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. One for $360-, one for over $1500- I should have bid on the less expensive one...20x24...sounds great! I've been thinking of converting my Century studio 11x14 to 20x24 for awhile now. Let me know how you like the format.Emile/www.deleon-ulf.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Emile de Leon
    Hi Jorge,
    320mm Protar V. 450mm Nikon f9/soft corners. 600mm Fuji. There were a couple of 320mm protars on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. One for $360-, one for over $1500- I should have bid on the less expensive one...20x24...sounds great! I've been thinking of converting my Century studio 11x14 to 20x24 for awhile now. Let me know how you like the format.Emile/www.deleon-ulf.com
    Thanks Emile, right now I am in the "thinking about it" stage, gotta get the lenses first, but I think a 20x24 pt/pd print will be awesome...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Jorge,

I have a 20 x 24 on order for the intended use of wet plate collodion and palladium printing. I have purchased the 760 Nikor process lens that Dave mentioned as well as a 30 inch Dallmeyer antastigmat lens that covers. Have no idea as to the real life performance of either one of these yet but have been assured that they will cover. When the camera gets in/holders etc and I get over the shock of it all I'll try to update their performance. Good luck.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Keep in mind, Jorge, that there are several lenses that could be used with a smaller image circle if focused at hyper-focal lengths.

I use my 210xl on 1220 with focused to 7' and f/64 I get infinity.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall
    Keep in mind, Jorge, that there are several lenses that could be used with a smaller image circle if focused at hyper-focal lengths.

I use my 210xl on 1220 with focused to 7' and f/64 I get infinity.
    YOu make a good point.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want to make some easy money to pay for those nice new XXL lenses, I have a great idea which pays $0.25 a word....

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Thanks Emile, right now I am in the "thinking about it" stage, gotta get the lenses first, but I think a 20x24 pt/pd print will be awesome...
    I have absolutely no pertinent information to pass on for this topic....
    but nonetheless, a 20x24 pt/pd print of an image by Jorge would be THE SH#T.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Donsta
    If you want to make some easy money to pay for those nice new XXL lenses, I have a great idea which pays $0.25 a word....
    LOL......I dont think so! It would never get approved....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by scootermm
    I have absolutely no pertinent information to pass on for this topic....
    but nonetheless, a 20x24 pt/pd print of an image by Jorge would be THE SH#T.
    Thanks Matt, I certainly would be a way to keep up with the fauxtographers and their big prints...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Uh oh! Just checked the price for 20x24 sheet film. $350 per 25 sheet box. That is about $14 per shot.....I wonder if they make a digital back for this...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin