Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,440   Online: 899

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Yes, it's 1.3 mega pixels and costs 8 billion dollars, but I could make one for you for half that.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall
    Yes, it's 1.3 mega pixels and costs 8 billion dollars, but I could make one for you for half that.
    What are friends for huh Robert?....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Emile de Leon
    Hi Jorge,
    320mm Protar V. 450mm Nikon f9/soft corners. 600mm Fuji. There were a couple of 320mm protars on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. One for $360-, one for over $1500- I should have bid on the less expensive one...20x24...sounds great! I've been thinking of converting my Century studio 11x14 to 20x24 for awhile now. Let me know how you like the format.Emile/www.deleon-ulf.com
    320mm Protar V will cover, but very soft corners. Same thing with 450mm Nikkor-M, but slightly better performance on the corners. 600mm Fujinon-C covers just a tad better than the 450mm Nikkor-M.

If you don't need wide angle coverage many/most of the process lenses over about 30" will give very good performance. I have a 30" Red Dot Artar that just dazzles on this format, all over the field, and is close to *normal* focal length. But for contact printing any of the process lenses over 30" should give outstanding results.

If you do need wide angle, the best bet would be 16.5" and 19" Dagors, or for that matter any of the old symmetrical lenses of these focal lengths.

Sandy

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sandy,

1. Do you use the 30" Artar as a barrel or have a packard etc.....I'm having a board made for 760 nikor

thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    Sandy,

1. Do you use the 30" Artar as a barrel or have a packard etc.....I'm having a board made for 760 nikor

thanks
    I bought the 30" Red Dot Artar in barrel and had S.K. Grimes install it in a Copal #3.

The 30" RDA is a great lens, not only for 20X24", but also for smaller ULF formats such as 12X20, 8X20 and 7X17, assuming you have enough bellows draw.

In terms of size, the 30" RDA is just slightly larger than the 600mm Fujinon-C.

Sandy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Uh oh! Just checked the price for 20x24 sheet film. $350 per 25 sheet box. That is about $14 per shot
    You will probably want to bracket a couple of stops over and under by half stops just to be sure that you got the shot
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    How cost effective is it to put 30" artar in copal?

I have a 19 " red dot really sharp...I have only used it in a barrel..

Fuginon 600 compact lists new 1425.00

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    You will probably want to bracket a couple of stops over and under by half stops just to be sure that you got the shot
    YOu think I should do double exposure of each bracket in case I ruin the negative?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    How cost effective is it to put 30" artar in copal?

I have a 19 " red dot really sharp...I have only used it in a barrel..

Fuginon 600 compact lists new 1425.00
    In my opinion it is very cost effective to put a 30" Red Dot Artar in Copal #3 because 1) it is a great lens, and 2) there is nothing similar new that one could buy at anywhere near the price of the lens+shutter+mounting.

Total cost for me was $250 for the lens, $400 for the shutter and $250 for mounting. At $900 I consider it a great bargain and would bet that I could sell this lens today for way way more than I have in it.

Sandy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Sandy, I'll look for the 30" artar barrel

are they f/11 ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin