Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,069   Online: 886

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinar Alpina

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmmm... I have one of these beasties. Bought it new in the late 70s or early 80s. I don't have the original yukky case, but have it in a nice, big rail camera case. It has the extension rail, a couple of lens boards, and a compendium shade. The only real marks on it are on the rod that the compendium shade travels on and to which it is clamped. I hadn't even thought about that thing in years!
    Geo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dust it off and use it!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a Sinar Alpina and yes there are some great deals one them these days. Not heavy for a monorail and they take most of the Sinar accessories. I've owned mine for about 14 years and felt the $750 I paid at the time was a good deal. It did come with a wide angle bellows and a nice focus loupe, plus a lens board. I have since got the bino viewer and the rod and clips so that I can us the spare bellow as a lens shade. Nice thing about Sinars besides being well made is that it's easy to find accessories. I don't backpack with the camera, but I do take it out in the field often.

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format

What len would I need for the Sinar Alpina, I'm a beginner.

I just purchased a Sinar Alpina with case and one film holder. I need to purchase a lens and lens board for this camera. I was wanting a 90 f4, but from what I'm reading do I need to get something in the 135 range for landscapes and portraits? Did I just read that the frame rails were to short of the 90, and where do I buy more film holders for this Sinar? Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin