Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,500   Posts: 1,571,637   Online: 1136

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hard to see the picture clearly, but it looks like a simple air hose and bulb arrangement.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Alan, the 'cable release' will be a hollow tubing with a bulb on the end. Air trapped in said tubing and bulb will when the bulb is squeezed force a piston in the shutter forward and thus trip the timed sequence. This will please your onlookers to no end and folks with Nikon FM's and other similar ilk will say "Gosh, so that's where the 'B' came from"
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MenacingTourist
    Our talented Carol at Flutot's has informed me while performing a CLA on this shutter that it takes a rather hard/impossible to find cable release. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what type it takes and where I could find one? See third picture on original post if you're interested.

Carol has been using a paper clip to test it but I think I might lose some street cred if I was seen using one in the field

I'm waiting Ole...(heh-heh )
    So YOU'RE the one!

Carol sent me an email with a picture concerning that cable release. Wackiest thing I ever saw...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    35mm
    You walk around with a bullet hole in your forehead and you are worried about credibility?

This does not sound all that menacing to me.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    Alan, the 'cable release' will be a hollow tubing with a bulb on the end. Air trapped in said tubing and bulb will when the bulb is squeezed force a piston in the shutter forward and thus trip the timed sequence. This will please your onlookers to no end and folks with Nikon FM's and other similar ilk will say "Gosh, so that's where the 'B' came from"
    Air releases for regular cameras seem to sell on e-bay for about £1. These have rather narrow tubing but you can make an adapter with a short section of larger tubing (available from aquarium suppliers, etc.). A little while back I was in a hurry to fix up a pneumatic release and bought a cheap blood-pressure gauge plus stethoscope set, which was slight overkill but yielded four pieces of tubing of just the right size and flexibility for use with a British "Day" shutter together with the bulb from a cheap secondhand air release. I am sure you will have no trouble making something suitable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's important, though, to only use the proper air in the bulb and hose.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    35mm
    The Cable Release is not a normal type that threads into the release socket but rather is a bayonet that twists on into the release socket. Does that help clarify what he and I are looking for?

Carol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol Flutot
    The Cable Release is not a normal type that threads into the release socket but rather is a bayonet that twists on into the release socket. Does that help clarify what he and I are looking for?

Carol
    I presume then, that there isn't a piston on the inside of the shutter housing by that connection and that there is a "eral" mechanical connection happening. What was it you worked out for Nathan's Compound? Any possibility to do the same here?

Just thinking out loud and in public...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    35mm
    The shutter release is a piston type (as Ilex, betax ect.), just the connection to it is different, like I mentioned above.

Carol

Shooter
    35mm
    Here is a picture of the cable release, that we are looking for. This one belonged to another shutter that came in for a CLA.
    Any Help!

Carol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 254.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin