Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,222   Online: 926

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan, he asked about the 45s, which is different and superior to the color karden with technica standards on a rail.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    Pity that you don't read french. That thread was not very positive about the Color Kardan. The COLOR KARDAN that you asked about is essentially a set of Technika standards on a monorail, has all of the Technika limitations. ...
    The Color Kardan is "intermediate" between the Color, which really is a Technika on a rail (I have one), and the Kardan which is a "full-blown" monorail. The Color Kardan does not have "all the Technika limitations" - not even the Color is that bad! The French text is about the COLOR, not the COLOR KARDAN!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ole, both were discussed.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    Ole, both were discussed.
    The Color Kardan was mentioned in passing, and it seems only Emmanuel Bigler was clear on the difference. But my French is between "poor" and "non-existent", so I could be mistaken. But your post on the first side seems to me to quote what was said about the Color, and attributing that to the Kardan Color. The two are very different beasts!

BTW, I like my Color! I haven't found any other camera that is so quick and easy to set up, except possibly the old metal folders
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm glad you like yours. Emmanuel wasn't particularly enthusiastic about either.

My first exposure to 'em was a 6x9 Color Kardan in around 1990. I was then thinking of moving up from 35 mm, mainly for shooting flowers and such. The camera was beautiful, beautifully made, huge for what it was, heavy, and intimidating. Not a bad tool, y'understand, but not obviously a good one for what I had in mind at the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin