Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,793   Online: 1158

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Milestone Picture (at least for me it is) ULF Portrait #1

I've made 2 exposures with the giant Eastman 11X14 camera so far. This one really pleased me. No biggy you say? Try focusing a 22" Voigtlander Petzval on a squirmy 15 month old :o He started to get fussy so Grandpa handed him a vintage Lionel Shell tank car. (I think it adds wonderfully to the vintage look I wanted) No time to think. Plus all that thick carpet makes the very top heavy camera impossible to move around. For lighting I simply opened the front door and set a stool in the immediate entry. I only have a single aperture stop besides wide open. F9. I had mounted a Packard shutter inside so before the whole idea went to pieces I pulled the darkslide and Ka-Plunk-a. I'm glad I did. Gosh a big studio with wood floors and lights would be nice!

Tina and Rowan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1114Portrait1.jpg   1114Portrait2.jpg  
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well done, Jim!

My god - that camera makes my 12x16" Soviet plate camera look lightweight and portable (it is a bit flimsy)!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    WOW, what a camera and lens Jim. Where did you find that one? I'd have the same problem-no good room to put it in. Very nice picture too!
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim, no insult or criticism intended, but what I see on my screen is nice picture but otherwise just another blurry .jpg. Small .jpgs don't represent the originals very faithfully, alas.

As for that big studio, you know the recipe. Sell more lenses. A lot more lenses.

Regards,

Dan

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley
    WOW, what a camera and lens Jim. Where did you find that one?
    Why, Ebay of course

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    nice picture but otherwise just another blurry .jpg.
    It's 'SPOSED to be blurry Dan. I paid big bucks for blurry. Actually the smallish .jpg does lose most of the magic. The 1114 print is a pleaser.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Looks great Jim!

I haven't even been able to scan my 11x14s, so as far as I am concerned any reproduction is great...

Looking forward to more.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well done Jim. A guy could make a pretty decent supplemental income in this town with a camera (and skills) like that.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Great shot Jim. I have a hard time shooting 4x5 portraits with available light.
    As for that camera I think its more light a piece of furniture.

Ron
    Ron
    Memphis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Good God! I can't imagine lugging that camera around. Nice portait, I like the side lighting.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bet it would be much easier to move if you install motor on it. Nice shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin