Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,217   Online: 1051

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    Gee, I feel honored to have seen the BMW out of the garage!

Get everything at once. One big package (or a few within a week) and it is all from the sale of the car. A bunch of boxes delivered to your door over a month...not such an easy sell.

Nicole's advice is excellent!

This is probably not the time to bottom fish too much. Get it right the first time. Work with people you trust. Get good film holders.

One suggestion might be the 'dorff on equinox. They state that it is their old user camera. Should be in good shape. Otherwise, talk to the good people at MPEX, they might be able to put together a package for you.

Why a field camera? If you could find one, consider the pocket 8x10 like the good Prof. Goldfarb has. Packs small and light. Your kids will be able to carry it sooner than a wood camera!

Good luck, let us know how it works out.

Matt

Hey Matt,

Geeez, I can't believe I forgot about Peter Gowland...yeah, an 8x10 Gowland All moves, poket view would be fantastic! I wonder if Mr. Gowland still has any laying around...probably not huh.

and you're right, definitely no time to bottom fish....this is my BMW we're talking about here. Unfortunately, I think the real trick will be to sell the thing.

Brad.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sell the car, convert the wife and get two LF cameras!

Seriously, get rid of the car and buy something you will use and enjoy. Just having a cool wife will be a benefit greater than you can imagine.
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Hird
    Sell the car, convert the wife and get two LF cameras!

Seriously, get rid of the car and buy something you will use and enjoy. Just having a cool wife will be a benefit greater than you can imagine.
    Graeme, This is almost exactly the way my wife put it (the second part that is).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    hmm, Brad, should've listened to you wife. you could've made her happy and still get the camera.

My suggestion is, whatever you do, include a gift for her too.

Kind regards,
    Nicole
    Of all the posts of this thread, this one is without any doubt, the ONE.
    That`s the "road" to perfection.

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You have a perfect scanrio here!

My 2 Cents is to get the best camera for your needs wherever it happens to be made. It gives me real pleasure to buy British, but I only do so when it is the best or equal best product.

Buying new or used for teh camera?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ok, so here's the deal. I'm assuming your accountant is your wife. You shot her down on the piano funding, now she want you to get the camera.

My friend this will cost you well more than you know. once you have the camera, you loose any control you may have had over where discretionary dollars will be applied in the future.

Mind you, even is the accountant is not your wife, this still holds true.

All i can say is tread carefully.

Pete
    "…Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt

WWW.DENDRINOS FINE ART.COM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    what could I get for around $3000 ????
    You could get a brand new ULF camera with holders from our own Jim Chinn, a lens, & still have money for a few boxes of film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Fire your accountant, sell the wife, buy the camera, keep the car. Perfect!
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Images
    Here is a thought. You can please the wife and still get a nice used outfit. SPlit the difference. Pay part of the piano, move the wife's car into the garage, get a decent, not brand spankin' new, camera and a lens or two. All of it can be done. You just have to stop thinking about those high end new cameras.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomassauerwein
    Fire your accountant, sell the wife, buy the camera, keep the car. Perfect!
    Thomas, I'm betting your wife doesn't browse on Apug, huh?
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin