Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,915   Online: 1042

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomassauerwein
    Careful you'll need another baby sitter.
    indeed...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    Matt, Thanks. I'll look into that.

Raucous, I like that idea but her motive is to get her car back in the garage...I think she likes the little Bimmer as much as (maybe, more than) I do. She certainly has driven it more than I.

I think it would have to be something more like this...

Build a new garage, do a ground up restoration on the Bimmer (it has a very nice, straight body but the powertrain is a little tired), get teh full 8x10 kit, hire a baby sitter for the weekend and then.....
    Wait a minute. Why were you taking the camera on that weekend? If you had time to use it your priorities are a tad off. Maybe you could schedule delivery of the camera for the monday after the toe curling weekend was complete. PLay your cards right and she won't even notice the package and the Bimmer would be the source of great memories.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If you go with the Canham ( I have 4 ) over the <my opinion/experience> boat anchor that falls apart out of the box </my opinion/experience> I know how to get you the 8x10 at a fairly good price.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I decided to go topless to work today. For a brief perspective see what I wrote about this in my blog.

Robert, Yes, I have heard similar opinions. I tend to favor the Canham too. I will definitely be in contact if/when I sell the car (which, I fear I must - the one who must be obeyed has spoken. I'm not complaining mind you. Just noticing the way things are).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    What other activities?
    [FONT=Times New Roman]MAC[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmm... a garage is most men's refuge, so therefore by selling the beamer and giving her the garage, you are giving up sooo much and deserve the new camera. Even steven...

...but toss in the piano stool for good measure. Then take your first photo with the new beast of her at the piano...
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Wait a minute. Why were you taking the camera on that weekend? If you had time to use it your priorities are a tad off. Maybe you could schedule delivery of the camera for the monday after the toe curling weekend was complete. PLay your cards right and she won't even notice the package and the Bimmer would be the source of great memories.

Does she go?...Know what I mean?...elbow, elbow, eye, eye....

Does she take pictures?...Know what I mean????...elbow, elbow, eye, eye....

Images
    Say no more, say no more.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    Ok, so I bought a well used BMW convertible a little over a year ago and have put maybe 250 miles on it since....it just sits in the garage..a real garage queen.
    It took me a bit to remember that you take a train to work, right? No wonder the BMW doesn't get many miles!

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    It took me a bit to remember that you take a train to work, right? No wonder the BMW doesn't get many miles!

Matt
    Yes...that is correct. I take the train every chance I get. It is nice to have two hours a day to myself. I get a lot of reading done and now that gasoline is something like $2.75 a gallon, it's a pretty easy decision.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin