Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,529   Posts: 1,543,958   Online: 1055

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    My friend had a mighty fight with his wife and while they were incomunicado he he felt justified in buying himself he wanted. When they made up , he had himself a cool new mountain bike. Actually, as I remember, he did prudently leave it at my place for a couple of weeks after they re-united :rolleyes:
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know what the laws are in Wyoming, but here in PA if you bought that camera and the marriage ended, half of it would be hers. Just another thing to think about from someone who had a very expensive divorce.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceN
    Bruce,

If you want to be able to buy nice cameras and keep your wife you need a plan. But you need time to execute so be patient.

First, take up a very expensive hobby that your wife does not like, say sailing, and insist that she particpate so the two of you can spend more quality time together. Buy the most expensive boat you can afford, say something like a 40' Cape Dory, and spend as much time with her on the boat as possible. You will know you are in a winning position when/if she really begins to hate sailiing, as most women will, especially if you sail a lot in the middle of the day in very hot climates and don't have a bimini.

Next, when it is clear that she is perfectly miserable sailing, but too proud to say so, you tell her that for her sake you are going to get rid of the boat and give up sailing.

Your wife will be so happy with this decision that she will gladly let you buy every camera you want for the rest of your life, and be delirously happy that you are involved in photography and not sailing

Worked for me.

Course, there are some gals out there that really love to sail! I was just lucky to not be living with one of them.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    The solution is simple, buy it and have it sent to a friends house. Take it apart and bring a piece at the time while announcing you are going to "build" yourself a camera. · weeks later you can show her your master piece..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    A very devious and ingenious plan Jorge!
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Worked for me.
    Sandy, you sly dog, you
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    35mm
    you know 50% percent of all marriages end up in divorce these days anyhow.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    ... and 100% of all divorces begin with marriage.
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Images
    Thinking about my last post, I believe that I have come up with a solution. Why don't you go ahead and buy it and have it sent over to me? Then, after you have gently broken the news to your wife, (two or three years should give her enough time to ease into accepting the idea), I can send it right on over to you.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Incredible, I can't believe the amount of trouble you are all going to!!! lol

During a big tiff with my hubby I went and bought myself a 5 week holiday around Europe (I live in Australia). That was the best argument we ever had!

I didn't buy my holiday behind his back, I rang dear hubby from the travel agent as I was handing over the money, asking him if he wanted a ticket too, he had 10 seconds to decide and had no idea where he was going. lol We had the best holiday.

To buy a camera, if it's going to bring you dollars... she should be happy about that. Don't buy an expensive gift for yourself secretly. Breaking someone's trust over money can be as hard to recover from as being unfaithful. Compromise with something for her to make her feel special as well.

PS: and by the way, I do like sailing!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin