Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,564   Online: 1115

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    I didn't buy my holiday behind his back, I rang dear hubby from the travel agent as I was handing over the money, asking him if he wanted a ticket too, he had 10 seconds to decide and had no idea where he was going. lol We had the best holiday.
    So, you didn't way whether he accepted your offer. Was it a wonderful holiday with your husband, or a wonderful holiday from your husband?!? :o

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul, he came with me. I took him around Rome, Amalfi Coast, Venice and Germany to catch up with relatives and then he went home and I went to Paris.
    Dear hubby couldn't stay as long because of lack of babysitters. The children had to stay home. Can't miss school of course.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceN

Man or mouse???

What type of petticoat government are you under?

If you have to ask for moral support here --- maybe, just maybe you aren't experienced enough or equipped for this level of domestic negotiation.

If it doesn't take food off the table or get you into strife with outstanding bills AND you need it not just want it -- then go for it.

From someone who has survived a heart attack I have to tell you this you cannot take it with you.

Me -- I already have one so nah!!!! I don't NEED it.
    Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well Bruce, if you have a few more cameras like that one and a nice darkroom, I'll marry you!

I don't have a husband anymore but I have lots of cameras and photo gear

(Please send pictures of camera and darkroom.)

Shooter
    127 Format
    My other half just talked me into buying a 54 enlarger!

At least thats how I see it: She comes home on day and tells me the guy at the local lab is selling one... then sugguests we go round and see it... then arranges for me to go round and collect/pay for it... then she pulls the switch and points out I just blew all that money on a new enlarger! Any sugguestion that I was pushed is definiatly forbidden.

I cunningly got myself a few momments breathing space by diving into one of my many piles of junk and pulling out a 110 neg carrier which fits the new enlarger perfectly . She's a Pentax A110 fan - I'd had the carrier for years, saving it for just such an occasion, so I'd look good!!.

Now my 54 enlarger is her 110 enlarger (albeit slightly overkill :-)), she's talking of a new project of LARGE prints, I'm broke, and in trouble for spending all the money... I think I was connned :-)

It is a nice enlarger though...

Maybe it's better if your wife isn't interested in your photography

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    Thinking about my last post, I believe that I have come up with a solution. Why don't you go ahead and buy it and have it sent over to me? Then, after you have gently broken the news to your wife, (two or three years should give her enough time to ease into accepting the idea), I can send it right on over to you.

Why Neal, you DO care!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I agree it is a nice kit.... and the sailing idea could work but would take too long. Jorge's "make a camera plan" could work as well. But honestly I wouldn't get a divorce over a zone vi 4x5. If it's going to cost you half of everything you own, you should at least buy an Ebony or maybe a larger format.
    Just trying to be helpful.
    -Rob Skeoch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    I don't know what the laws are in Wyoming, but here in PA if you bought that camera and the marriage ended, half of it would be hers. Just another thing to think about from someone who had a very expensive divorce.
    Same in California. She'll probably take the film holders and lenses. All you'll have are pieces of wood and a bellows.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity Jane
    Well Bruce, if you have a few more cameras like that one and a nice darkroom, I'll marry you!

I don't have a husband anymore but I have lots of cameras and photo gear

(Please send pictures of camera and darkroom.)

Well, ok, but how do we keep my wife from finding out?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Two years ago, I bought my wife a Mini-Cooper for her birthday. She looked at it, looked at my photography equipment, and said, "We are almost even."

Get the camera, but share the wealth--or debt.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin