Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,025   Online: 881

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can also use a much lighter tripod with the Toho than with a standard 4x5 camera. I used a carbon fiber Gitzo. With Readyloads my 4x5 kit weighed less than my standard 35mm kit. It's amazing how much more fun photography is when your not completely exhausted when you reach your subject. Like Roger says, having both a nice travel camera and a more heavy duty camera is a good idea.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear Peter,

Hear! Hear! on the Readyloads/Quickloads.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another advantage of a really light weight camera is that you can successfully use a much lighter tripod head. For example, like some others, I'd occasionlly use an ARCA B1 head with a Really Right Stuff arca plate attached to the camera in place of it's mounting pedestal. That worked fine, but the Arca head was way overkill. If I had the Toho today, and if I wanted to use a ball head, I'd look into one of the smaller Really Right Stuff ballheads. In my case, though, I don't like ball heads and view cameras. (Some do, though, so it's purely a matter of taste.) As a result, I mostly used Bogen-Manfrotto's cheapest and lightest 3 way head, the one with the 4-pointed-star handles. I think I paid $25 for it new. It was light, easy to adjust, and plenty sturdy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin