Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,701   Online: 907

Dingle Ireland Location Suggestions

I will be traveling to Dingle in October with my 4x5 Linhof and concentrating on landscapes and antiquities.
    My photographic time will be limited to two days.
    I have no local knowledge beyond the normal tourist guide books and so I am open to suggestions.

Slan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anyplace by the docks is great, especially at sunrise. Dingle town has some good pubs, too. Try McCarthy's, a block off the main street, for some true local flavor and some good interiors.

Dingle Bay has a resident dolphin, Fungi, who is usually very active. Look for the lighthouse at the mouth of the harbor and find your way out there in the afternoon (ask at the aquariumif you need to-very helpful)- there is a group of people surfcasting or boogyboarding out to play with the dolphin that makes for good photography.

The Dingle peninsula is possibly the prettiest, most unspoiled place in Ireland (other than Connemara), so anywhere you go has possibilities. The beach at Inch is also remarkable.

If you can go in by the Connor Pass. I can guarantee that you will spend half a day on that road if the weather is good-beautiful all around. If it's a nasty day, it is the worst road in the world.

Slainte

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been there a couple times and always seem to end up in the graveyards (hmmm, wonder what that means). I got some beautiful shots.
    The road that runs along the coast from Dingle town has some great spots to pull off and shoot.
    I agree about Connor Pass. It's spectacular.
    Have fun. It's a beautiful place.
    Tom

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I'm also very interested in suggestions as I'm going there next week!

I'll let you know of any good places that I find when I get back.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    just follow your nose, theres beautiful photos to be taken just about everywhere in that area and in all the remote parts of Ireland

If you're into B+W have a look at this photographers website to get an idea what to expect generally. http://www.gilesnorman.com

Enjoy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Apart from Dingle itself Inch Strand about 20 miles east is worth the effort for the extensive dunes. Brandon Bay on the north side of the peninsular should not be missed if you like miles of empty sand beaches with cloudscapes, and mountains for a backdrop. As has been said, you won’t be disappointed anywhere in that area. If the weather closes in then pup interiors should produce a nice body of prints; that’s prints not pints.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin