Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,521,992   Online: 1072

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So Alan, It WAS a Conspiracy...I knew it!!

Now if I could learn to roll uphill, with gear, I would love LF even more.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on
    i was there and I don't have this shot...whatever that means...
    Well if you had spent less time "ragging on my tired behind" to hurry up, you might not have missed it.

BTW, Well done Rob!!

Cheers,
    Geary
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for, and your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. – John Prine

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    However, let me go on record as saying that even if I found St. Ansel's tripod holes at Yosemite, I'd still take the picture!
    I would as well. As much as I like Ansel, I think that the foreground appears more prominently in my work than his - so I am sure I would have a different image, as I would shooting the Zion image referred to above.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Rob,

I'll be darned! I have a similar shot of the same subject - only mine is in color. I shot it on a trip to Zion in early Nov. 1996.

Kerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does anyone know where this is? Just curious if anyone else has ever seen this thing or if it is even still there. I am actually trying to remember myself.

Patrick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails outonarock.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    A few years back I was at a 3 day seminar in Cape Cod. There was a slide contest with the subject, "Red". Well I "found" a red fishing boat the next morning and shot the heck out of it. By 10 am at least 30 other photographers had "found" the same red boat. What I found amazing was that out of hundreds of red boat shots, none were the same.

Oh, the top prize went to a bunch of red marbles.

Images
    I think the secret to Zion and unique pictures is to take the big images apart. Get closer, and shoot parts. By the way i did not take that image last fall, when I was there. I did see it though, but it did not strike my fancy. Now I think I missed something. Good Shootin.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Please...the climber in me needs to know...

How solid is that rock? Do grains come off when you rub it with your hands or toes? If you pull on juggy handholds and small flakes do they pop off? I need to know because that photograph makes the climber in me DROOL!

I agree - good image.

Murray

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on
    So Alan, It WAS a Conspiracy...I knew it!!

Now if I could learn to roll uphill, with gear, I would love LF even more.
    It would be easier to hire your own sherpa (MenacingTourist) like Rob did.

lol

Images
    I've shot at Zion, but never taken this shot. It's very nice. Could I borrow the negative?
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin