Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,194   Online: 710

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Coverage of 14" Commercial Ektar ?

I use and like very much the 14" Commercial Ektar in 8x10". If I remember my readings, it will cover 7x17" on which I'll mount it when the shutter will be back from CLA. How much movement will I get with the Ektar in 7x17" ?

Thank you,
    Jimmy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Peguet
    I use and like very much the 14" Commercial Ektar in 8x10". If I remember my readings, it will cover 7x17" on which I'll mount it when the shutter will be back from CLA. How much movement will I get with the Ektar in 7x17" ?

Thank you,
    Jimmy
    According to this site, the 14" Commercial Ektar has a 444mm image circle.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jimmy
    I use a 14" commercial Ektar on my 7x17 folmer & schwing. The lens covers the format wonderfully, no soft corners either. I dont have a whole lot of movement but can easily get 2cm of rise and fall and enough tilt and swing for most any landscape shot. the lens wouldnt be great for architecture with some huge amount of rise, fall, tilt, swing. but it works WONDERFULLY nonetheless.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Because of the official image circle of the lens, I was not very anxious about the corners. Shooting mainly outdoors, the 14" will be fine on the Korona on which the 305 is often too wide. Thank you Bob and Scooterm (your recent Van Dykes are really nice).

When did the production of these lenses end ? Mine has been made in 63 (OM) ?

Jimmy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin