Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,548   Posts: 1,573,027   Online: 853

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Nick I take a look at what you suggest. Right now I don't see anything but day trips so camera and a sandwhich would do. I didn't have 30lbs. of camera in the GC but I did have 5lbs. of bacon and a frying pan to surprise my boys at the bottom (what can I say, they loved bacon and I'm a little nuts) - Bob

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you shoot LF you are totaly nuts, welcome to the club.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

I don't know about the 8x10 version, but my 5x7 Agfa Anscos can go "superwide" in as much as you can reverse them on the bed, so you can make them "tailboard" cameras and get that front standard hangin' out there so no part of the bed will get in the shot. Pretty slick! Also they come with sliders, so on an 8x10 you could (if you wanted) get two 4x10 or two 5x8 exposures on a sheet of film. Not bad for versatility.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The problem with mine isn't the bed. The shortest it can focus is about 140mm. If somebody was nice enough to give me one of those Nikon 120mm then I'd need a recessed board to focus at infinity. Worse my bellows are fairly stiff.

I don't think they all came with sliders. I have a slider back for the 5x7 but it's thicker then normal.

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by raucousimages
    If you shoot LF you are totaly nuts, welcome to the club.
    Well thank you very much! I am totally nuts for many reasons so there's no way I could avoid LF any longer!

All of your responses have been very helpful and I thank you all.

Now if one of you would just send me a gift of the perfect camera with all the trimmings I'll be set!

-Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin