Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,944   Posts: 1,585,801   Online: 1029

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Take a look @ wehmancamera.com. Someone posted this the other day. Might not be too bad.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ebony SV810, about 11 lbs.

Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just another thought…

No matter what format you get..5x7 or 8x10…you will eventually want to enlarge. When that time comes, you could trade the Beseler 23C for a Beseler 45, with the 8x10 conversion. Then you would still have only one enlarger. And at current prices for enlargers, it wouldn’t be that expensive.

But for now, if you want contacts, I’d go for the 8x10 camera. 5x7 contacts are just too small.
    —Eric

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    thanks all!

Tom, I have to say that is most impressive. Is that a bag I can find at a place like B&H? I'm going to do some research on bags, etc.

Steve, if I recall correctly, you also have the Ebony SV57U, right? If so, do you find that you miss the asymmetrical tilts when using the 810?
    Macy
    Just trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogs
    thanks all!

Tom, I have to say that is most impressive. Is that a bag I can find at a place like B&H? I'm going to do some research on bags, etc.

Steve, if I recall correctly, you also have the Ebony SV57U, right? If so, do you find that you miss the asymmetrical tilts when using the 810?
    You can find the Kelty Redwing Backpacks at many backpacking or mountaineering stores. Don't think B&H carries them.

Mountain Sports is an online source I have used. The Kelty Redwing 3100 is $89.95 including USA shipping. Search on Kelty Redwing. I don't know if they accept Canadian orders.

http://www.mountainsports.com/MSmain...ShowImages=Yes

REI is another good source - also online.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My ancient 8x10 flatbed with the Symmar 500mm mounted weighs 10.25 Lbs. I think the lens accounts for about 2 Lbs!

If a picture was worth a tough hike thru the wilderness, I would take the 8x10. If it were just the possibility of getting a picture, I'd take the 4x5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also have the Wehman 8x10, and I put it in the f64 8x10 bag along with two lenses, 5 filmholders, lightmeter, loupe and darkcloth. I have done a couple of 2-3 hours walks with this setup and it`s no problem at all, the f64 fits me wery good, and I`m a small guy, 166 centimeters....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an SV45U, and yes I miss the asymmetric swing and tilt on the rear. I had one, but I found that because of the design the camera was unusably stiff when you tilted it over and tried to use the asymmetric swing - it would rotate the camera on a Ries A100 rather than swing, and others have noted this too. So I ended up with a mint SV810 with 5x7 and 4x5 backs i found on eBay at a nice price.

Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin