Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,078   Online: 1170

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo
    Matt -

Was this the Carson swap meet? I must have missed you (I got there at 10). I actually pulled that 'dorff out of its case...a beauty, for sure, but a bit pricey for me right now.

Had my eye on a mint Rolleicord TLR f2.8 Planar with working meter...$900, but I got out for $45 (100 sheet box of Plus X 4x5 film).

If you live in the So. Cal area, the camera swapmeet is a terrific place to get gear...

S
    Sharon,

Don't rub it in, I only wish I could attend a camera swap meet within driving distance!!!!!!!

boo hoo, now I am going to cry, just to attend one, would make me a happy camper!

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo
    Matt -

Was this the Carson swap meet? I must have missed you (I got there at 10). I actually pulled that 'dorff out of its case...a beauty, for sure, but a bit pricey for me right now.

Had my eye on a mint Rolleicord TLR f2.8 Planar with working meter...$900, but I got out for $45 (100 sheet box of Plus X 4x5 film).

If you live in the So. Cal area, the camera swapmeet is a terrific place to get gear...

S
    Wow Sharon, I got there at 10:00 and left at 1:20.... I guess our eyes were focused on "stuff". So it was as nice as I thought, eh?

I called the guy today but didn't get a good vibe...he said next Monday would be better for him for me to go out and look at. I told him I was seriously interested, had the cash but wanted to check it out again more thoroughly.

I gots a feelin' he has another meet this weekend and perhaps the interest we two generated has him re-thinking....I'm going to be a pest and call him again tomorrow to reiterate my interest.

You think when someone says they are interested and have the cash he'd say, "sure, come on over"...but to put me off for a week? Sumthin' ain't right...

I was going to pass, but today received a nice check from one client and got booked for a half day "rush" shoot this Thursday...ka-ching! Ka-bye! Hello-Deardorff!

We'll see. He may be flakey on selling it, so I ain't holdin' my breath.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin