Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,928   Posts: 1,556,829   Online: 859

Thread: LF lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format

LF lenses.

I probably have the incorrect forum but here goes.
    A friend of mine has 2 top quality large format lenses he would like to sell on the APUG site. Can any member who has participated in the buying/selling of equipment please inform me of the correct protocol to follow. Is it strictly a deal made between the two parties or is there a neutral go-between?
    Thanks Much,
    Mike

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I guess this place is as good as any other?

You post a nice (but not too nice) description of the items, complete with expected price (which I tend to forget). The rest of the transaction is then a matter of PM's amd emails between seller and (prospective) buyer.

There is no go-between or similar.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As Ole suggests, it's a completely private transaction betweem 2 private individuals - has nothing to do with APUG. APUG is merely a convenient place for people interested in such things to be able to hook up. Etiquette seems to be that the seller makes a small donation to APUG - usually 3% of any transaction they complete as the result of "meeting" a counterparty on APUG.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin