Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,106   Online: 1050

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnArs
    Hi David

I have also 7 Novak boards and the light traping is much less then on an original Sinar Board and the fitting is not so perfect like the originals but I can live with them, but still prefer the originals because they have no play like mine from Novak have. Because the Sinars have at the corners also an perfect fitting inner corner part which the Novaks not have.
    So you always pay for the Quality.
    Actually, on checking my 4 Nowak boards, I find three are an excellent fit and one is a LITTLE undersize, so maybe he does have a bad day every now and again. My Nowak boards have a center block a few millimeters high which fits into the camera throat - the two original Norma boards I have (olive green finish) do not have this, they are totally flat apart from an outside flange. I think Nowak is worth using, particularly for custom-sized holes, since without machine tools cutting a hole with a handsaw and finishing it with a file is more hard work than I'm looking for!

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Large Format
    Everybody,

Jim McDonough was the first to contact me regarding my Sinar board, so it will go to him. Thanks for your interest. I only wish I had more to give away!

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin