Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,534   Online: 1024

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Fujinon -W versus CM-W ???

Is there any significant difference in terms of optical performance between the older Fujinon-W and the current Fujinon CM-W large format lenses?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a good question. I have a 135mm CM-W, and I would swear there's an aspherical element in it. The reflections around the edge of the lens look too wonky to be a regular plasmat. Plus the image circle is sharp and bright all the way out to the edge then just drops off with maybe a 1/4 inch fuzzy halo. I have never seen what a 135 W does, but if it is like my Nikon and Schneider ones were then it would have a little more gradual fall off.
    Scott Stadler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The very first model is a different design I think. It covers more then later models.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brad, you might check this site. There's a lot of information on Fujinon lenses available, so his site may help on this question. http://members.aol.com/subgallery/ tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kerry Thalmann also has some good info on his site at http://www.thalmann.com/largeformat/fujinon.htm. The very first Fujinon W 150mm is single coated. As Tim mentioned, it has very large coverage for a 150, which is cool. It is also a bargain, since folks don't seem to recognize its value due to its age. The situation seems to be the same with the 210, which apparently covers 8X10.

I think the older ones are going to suffer since they are single coated, but if you are looking for a bargain and need scads of coverage, the older ones are great.

Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    I think the older ones are going to suffer since they are single coated...
    Paul.
    Don't bet a lot of money on it.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noseoil
    Brad, you might check this site. There's a lot of information on Fujinon lenses available, so his site may help on this question. http://members.aol.com/subgallery/ tim

Thanks Tim. This does contain much helpful info. Will have to give it a careful read and see what can be gleened. Have read Kerry's fujinon info many times. Very interesting but, unfortunately, he doesn't go into too many technical details.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

fuji w 150mm

According to this website http://members.aol.com/subgallery/byseries.htm
    it says the fuji w 150 has an image circle of 245mm is a 5.6 in a Sieko #0 and 46mm filter thread, I find it very hard to believe a lens this small would have that much coverage. Does anyone know for sure?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All I can say is the 210 covers 8x10. The 150mm G-claron cover more then 250mm IIRC and it takes an even smaller filter.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    but if I remember correctly the G-Claron is an f9 right? Something is weird when a lens has all the same components as all the other lenses of that focal length but has a much bigger image circle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin