Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,997   Online: 812

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    Let's see-get the lens, now you have an excuse to buy the camera?

Wait, that was me!

Matt
    I used a similiar idea when I sarted thinking about getting into 11x14. I started picking up 11x14 holders. It was about a year before I found a camera at the right price.

George
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Nikki. I have a similar lens in the 11X14 size. It is very likely made by Wollensak and re-branded which they did a lot in that era. It would probably correspond to what Wolly called the "Royal Anastigmat" in the 1906 catalog. It's neither a Dagor or Protar type as most "anastigmat's" of that era were. My 11X14 lens is 8 elements in 4 groups. 2-2--2-2 (( (( )) )). An oddity. I've not made a photograph with it yet so can't comment. Initial thoughts are that 8 air-glass interfaces with no coatings usually robs a lot of contrast. Your 8X10 is likely a 13" or 330mm lens. Hope this isn't all just Greek

BTW if you or someone close is the "handy" type, I have a shabby old Kodak 2D to sell. I think I'm in it about $80. It needs a restoration++.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by laz127
    Have you thought of posting a WTB (Want To Buy) here on AUPG? I did when looking for a beginner 8x10 and not only did I get a wonderful camera at a fair price, but with it came years of experience from the APUG community and a seller who sticks around after the sale to consult if needed. And if it matters to you, it mattered to me, the seller can give 3% to AUPG instead of infated fees to e-pay!
    -Bob

oh, you can also ask advice about purchases such as your lens before you buy.

---end of commercial, we now return you to your regularly scheduled program---
    I was considering doing that but since I posted this thread I have 2 different offers to sell me a Kodak 2D. It must the the classic beginners camera!

I would always rather buy from APUG members. I've learned so much here.

Nikki

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    I have a suggesstion:

Take some photos with it and tell us whether or not it is a lemon. There are at least 2 issues.
    How good the lens was when released into commerce
    How good it is now that it is at least a teenager

I agree that will be the true test.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    Let's see-get the lens, now you have an excuse to buy the camera?

Wait, that was me!

Matt
    I swear the lens just spoke to me! Buy Me! Buy Me! lol Now I just have to break the news to my husband that this lens isnt going to fit my 4x5 crown graphic and I need to buy another camera!

he loves me...he loves me not?

Nikki
    Last edited by Nikki; 09-07-2005 at 11:28 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington
    A working lens for that price can't be bad. US (Universal System) stops double in value numerically for each smaller stop:

US4 = f8, US8 = f11, US16 = f16, US32 = f22, US64 = f32, US128 = f45, US256 = f64

Thanks for the info David. I checked the lens and the previous owner had light scratched in the us numbers above the fstops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin