Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,931   Online: 1008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Praise for Flutot's Camera Repair

I recently sent in a lens/shutter I picked up on auction as well as a little ICA 6.5cmx9cm camera (the kind in my avatar) also from auction and just got them back today. I think Carol must have switched them for new equipment because I hardly recognize this stuff!
    The shutters are crisp and the lenses are crystal clear. That ICA was kind of a pain to pull out and extend but now it's seriously like a brand new camera. She even cleaned the ground glass on that thing where before it was so bad I was thinking of having Dave Parker custom make a new one. The gg is now so bright it almost hurts my eyes.

This is the second time I've had Carol work on things and I really can't properly express how happy I am with her work. Simply amazing. I'm usually not a "gusher" when someone does thier job or even does the job well. But with Carol she has gone above and beyond what I expected by a long ways.

These came back just in time for me to make some APUG anniversary images tomorrow. Thank you Carol

Alan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Alan, good to hear even more good things regarding her services.

I've been thinking of sending a couple old shutters in to her but keep putting it off.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow Alan!

Thank you, your making me blush with your compliments!
    I just try and do my best.

Blaze-on you need to stop procrastinating and get your stuff sent
    off to me...hehehe

Thanks again Alan for your very kind words!

Carol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just want to put in my hearty endorsement for Carol- she's great (and she does a good work too)!

Richard

I would also like to recommend Carol Miller. She repaired a compound shutter for me and did a fantastic job at a very reasonable price and regularly kept me informed of the old compound's progress. Great service!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian
    I would also like to recommend Carol Miller. She repaired a compound shutter for me and did a fantastic job at a very reasonable price and regularly kept me informed of the old compound's progress. Great service!
    I agree, Carol is great at keeping folks informed! She did an old Compound for me (for a 360mm Tele-Xenar) and she kept me informed every step of the way! She even emailed me a picture of my Compound all opened up! (see below).

She also did a couple of Compur shutters for me that she didn't keep me so informed... She fixed them so fast she didn't have time to inform me!

Carol does good work, and unlike some of the 'old school' technicians that won't even smile, her emails always make me smile!

-Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 232.jpg  

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes - wonderful service and regular updates, even if my Prontor shutter was (as I suspected) DOA. And it was dead when I bought it, just to get the bits of glass in it
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    unlike some of the 'old school' technicians that won't even smile, her emails always make me smile!
    Agreed. She's a real find. Competence, integrity, and a good sense of humor. She brought back to life an old Compur shutter that was totally frozen -- at an unreasonably reasonable price!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on
    I've been thinking of sending a couple old shutters in to her but keep putting it off.
    Matt, you really should. I had her do my 135 Schneider after I got back from Oregon - now it works like a brand new lens. She is great, she emailed me every step of the way, and sent the lens back even faster than she promised.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I gotta chime in too. Really great person to work with. I used a person recommended by a large-format store. Good work--got a shutter running really well. CL-M. Clean-Lube and measure the speeds. With Carol, the speeds were adjusted to be spot-on (well, except for those fastest speed that the shutter probably never did when it was brand new!). True CLA. Cheaper too. Lots of communication.

Don't get me wrong, I'd use either person again....well, if Carol wasn't there, I'd use the other guy!

Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin