Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,051   Online: 886

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Back when I got my 8x10 B&J Commercial View, at 16 pounds (no lens), I didn't have a tripod that would hold it. I bought a Berlebach 2042. Two leg sections, but with the center column. It held it fine. The B&J does have the tripod mounting block to keep the camera weight centered on the tripod... I think it's about the limit though. I would worry a bit if using any angles on the ball head? I did play with it quite a bit and was happy enough.

I don't use the B&J any more... But I also now have a Berlebach 4032. Two leg sections with no center column. It's quite a bit more sturdy than the 2042 and larger. I would trust that tripod under the B&J with no worries... So it depends a lot on which model you get. They make bigger ones than the 4032 also...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have two, a smaller three section one whhich I use for up to and including my Linhof 5x4 and a big monster surveyor type one which I use for my Masterview 10x8.

Can't see me buying another for a long time.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera
    I keep reading folks gushing about the Berlebach tripods, and I'm sure it would be a good match for my Shen Hao 4x5, but I've been looking for something to hold my Calumet C-1 Green Monster 8x10.
    My picture, over there to the left, is me under the dark cloth of my own Green Monster, mounted on my Berlebach. Absolutely solid, even at full extension. The Berlebach is a perfect match for the C1. (The lens, by the way, is a Nikkor 480mm f/9 - not exactly a lightweight.)

Edit to add one more note: I have a 3032, and I use the leveling head that comes on the tripod. I've never needed a full-feature head for LF. (I tend not to need more than 10 degrees of tilt if I'm using indirect movements, and about 90% of my shots are made with the tripod head leveled. The bubble level in the leveling head is a nice touch, and the head that's on the tripod is plenty for the C1.)
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin