Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,109   Online: 930

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format

berlebach tripod?

I just spent some time in the APUG archives reading past advice/suggestions regarding tripods for LF. The Berlebach tripod came up and greatly interests me. I have a Korona 8x10 (I haven't weighed it by it's no lightweight)

Does anyone who owns one, considered one, got rid of one have anything to say about any drawbacks? I seen praise for stability is this correct?

Its price is very attractive to me as I don't want to mortgage the house for a Gitzo.

Thankx
    -Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the 3032 and love it. I have a bogen 3047 head on it. The model 3032 has the leveling ball which is super handy. Some folks don't use a tripod head with it, but I prefer to. It is very sturdy, but quite long with the head attached.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have two older models and and have 3047 heads on both of them. No complaints and when I buy another tripod it will probably be a Berlebach.

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MenacingTourist
    I have two older models and and have 3047 heads on both of them..
    I hadn't thought about a Bogen head on a Berlebach, but now that you mention it it makes perfect sense! Are any of the Berlebach heads worth considering?

-Bob

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have an 8043 with a bogen/Manfroto hex plate QR thingy on top. No need for a head. It is a very nice tripod. Use it with all my larger 4x5 cameras. I'm pretty sure that this one would also be suitable for use with the 8x10...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have the berlebach tripod with the 15degree ball head built in. it works WONDERFULLY for my ancient (heavy) 8x10 and the beastly F&S 7x17.

not at the same time of course

Shooter
    Multi Format
    About the only drawback to my Berlebach is that I didn't get it sooner. Sorry that I can't help with any information about not getting one or selling one off, but they'll have to pry mine from my cold, dead fingers.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    but they'll have to pry mine from my cold, dead fingers.
    Hmmmm, so you like it, do you?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've got an 8003 with a Manfrotto 3047 head, and like previously mentioned I can only sing it's praises. It's not as small as I'd like it to be, but it more than makes up for that with it's stability (it's rock solid with my 4x5 atop) and beautiful looks. I got mine done in nutwood colour too, and it's as close to a perfect match for my Shen Hao you could get.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I keep reading folks gushing about the Berlebach tripods, and I'm sure it would be a good match for my Shen Hao 4x5, but I've been looking for something to hold my Calumet C-1 Green Monster 8x10. I have it on a Bogen 3036 tripod, which is stable enough, but a heavy beast to take in the field. I'm using a Gitzo 1570 head, which looks to be too big for the platform on a Berlebach, but seems to be the only head beefy enough to handle the C-1 short of a Majestic or Ries (which are NOT lightweight). Will they handle that camera and head combo? The C-1 weighs 14lbs by itself. Toss on a lens and you're up near 16-18lbs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin