Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,546   Posts: 1,544,515   Online: 1138

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It sounds like you'e getting some vignetting with the filter. If you stop down to f32 and beyond, you should have quite a bit of room for movements.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Did you know that if you put a regular rubber hood on a 240mm lens it doesn't cover 8x10.... yet without the hood it does. Strange lens.
    I just wish I'd asked this question before I bought the 240.... since I was having similar problems with my former 210 lens and it's rubber hood. Oh well the 240 is lighter and should give me some room to move around.
    Thanks for all your help..... I guess that question about the hood wasn't so silly afterwards.
    -Rob Skeoch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Compendium lens shade is the way to go. Better flexibility and more movements are available. tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, I've been using compendium lens shades for years - definitly the way to go.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I use a 240 on my dorff and also a Standard Lee hood, works good unless I try to use front movements. I use mostly back movements with this lens anyway.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You could also just not use the hood on your lens. I have a Lee hood that I bought used at a local store for those times where I thought I would need it. More often than not, I don't use it though. This is usually because I'm using my 4mm thick IR filter or the lens I am using doesn't have filter threads or is way too small for trying to put a filter holder on.
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin