Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,517   Online: 1029

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Filter Won't Come Off

After purchasing a 355 G-Claron earlier this year I put a 77mm Heliopan yellow filter on the front. I recently tried to unscrew it and it has apparently decided it had found a home. It will not come off even with a delicate try with a huge pair of pliers. Anyone out there with a solution?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try these: http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_search.php They won't crush, scratch or damage your lens and, using one to secure the lens and one to turn the filter, they're quite easy to use. Good luck!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, that link doesn't seem to work. Go to the Freestyle site, though, and type in "filter wrench" in the search box and they'll come up.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Jovo--Thanks for the tip. I will try it asap! Brickbird

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rubber washing up gloves.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Rubber gloves might work but your distorting the ring where you grip. If you can find some inner tube or the flat rubber pads used for opening bottles try this. Lay the rubber flat on a table, take the lens filter down and just press into the table while unscrewing. It works most of the time. If not go to the filter wrench. Works for me, well most of the time.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    A little 3-in-1 oil - works everytime. Just a drop on the thread, wait a second or two and it will twist right off. I have a Tiffen Warm Polarizer that sticks everytime I use it, and everytime I do, I use this oil.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a dental dam (a thin, flat sheet of rubber) for this. It works like a champ! This also works well for removing lens groups from shutters. Talk to your Dentist, or you can order them from Microtools.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

take a rubber band and wrap it around the filter so its tight (get the right size). Grab and turn. I had same problem with Zeiss lens for G2 and the camera store showed me that trick. Worked in 5 seconds.

--Jeffrey
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Large Format
    The best for these troubles I have ALWAYS with me and so surely you will have too, really low budget:
    Take your lether belt, rap it carefully around take the loose ends short with your hand and you have a perfekt lever ... test it with a can with a screw cap ... it even works with the oil filter at my old Chrysler;-)

Horst
    everything becomes more worse. one thing becomes better: the moral becomes more worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin