Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,445   Online: 1174

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Hoffman Camera Corporation? HELP!

I have been searching for contact info for the Hoffman Camera Corporation because I am interested in an 8x10 camera they made that was modeled after the Kodak Master. I don't know if they are in business, but would appreciate any help in getting their contact info. Thanks.

Chad

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hoffman Camera Corporation
    19 Grand Ave
    Farmingdale, NY 11735-6315
    (631) 694-4470
    To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men, — that is genius.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindel
    I have been searching for contact info for the Hoffman Camera Corporation because I am interested in an 8x10 camera they made that was modeled after the Kodak Master. I don't know if they are in business, but would appreciate any help in getting their contact info. Thanks.
    Chad
    Warning Will Robinson, Warning!

You might read this APUG thread on the man and his cameras:

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...hlight=hoffman

I would not be in a hurry to put down a deposit on one of these camera. I know the idea of a modern KMV makes your mouth water, but I doubt that there is little joy to be had going after one of these cameras. He is a bit of a M.O.B. (Mean Old Bastard). He is likely retired - I just tried the phone number above and it is disconnected. I do recommend his 8x10 holders, they were great products as far as I could tell. Solid as a rock.

I think he may have worked out the kinks in his cameras, but I heard that there were big delivery problems.

eBay may be your only hope, but after all these years on eBay, I've never seen one come up. I have seen some of his film holders and they fetch a premium price.

There is aKMV on eBay right now at a bout $600 but it only comes with a 5x7 back. Should not be too hard to find a 8x10 back for it. I owned a KMV as my first 8x10 and I loved it, except for a few flaws in the design.

-Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just did a web search to find the above info. I dont know anything about the Man the Company or the Camera. Good Luck.
    To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men, — that is genius.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I spoke to him at length about that camera once. In all the years he has offered them, he has only sold three. The reason is the extra weight from design modifications and the price, currently $4000. He still makes a 4x5 version from metal, but now offers a wood version in 8x10. I didn't think he was mean, but I may have caught him on a good day.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gregdavis
    I didn't think he was mean, but I may have caught him on a good day.
    You have to break one of his cameras, then he gets mean<g>......

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you want a truly modern version of the master view check out a wehman camera.

www.wehmancamera.com

I have a "brochure" for his cameras etc somewhere - looks nice, but as i recall, weighs far too much.

You are probably much better off getting a decent used Master 8x10 (or a crappy one and refurbishing it)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin