Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,382   Online: 1015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilex #4 Universal Shutter

Hope this is the right place to ask this...I was lucky (?) enough to find a nice Ilex # Universal Shutter (no iris) this past weekend for $20. Seemed like a good deal, and was hoping it might fit a barrel lens I have..it did not. So, question for those in the know, which lens would be a good fit for this shutter? Since it does not have the iris, would guess that means it needs to be a barrel lens with it's own iris settings, but hopefully can find something that will fit without expensive modification (like the lens I have now).

Thanks in advance...
    Mike

would like to use this on the 8x10...seems like that might make a difference on what is recommended.
    Last edited by photomc; 09-21-2005 at 09:01 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot to add...
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mike, I thought I read somewhere that Ilex #4 shutters fit the Konica GRII lenses. I have a 300mm one so Ill bring it with me in oct and if it fits youll know you can look for one of them maybe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Matt, that would be great....how lucky would that be...

Quote Originally Posted by scootermm
    Mike, I thought I read somewhere that Ilex #4 shutters fit the Konica GRII lenses. I have a 300mm one so Ill bring it with me in oct and if it fits youll know you can look for one of them maybe.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    35mm
    The Ilex #4 were not made for one standard lens, so there are several different diameter openings to fit a number of different size lenses.
    Good Luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike,

The Ilex No4 that I have mounts a set of cells for a 8.5" f/4.5 Series S Paragon anastigmat, which the front element thread is just about 61mm-62mm across.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 12" dagor is in an Ilex #4. It's a big heavy shutter, but seems to be very consistent & dependable. I used to have a 19" artar in barrel that would screw right into the Ilex's mounting flange. I use to unscrew the Ilex/dagor from the lensboard and screw the artar right in. It was handy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Turner-Reich Triple Convertable is in a Ilex #4.
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have an 8.25" Paragon lens that is in that shutter....

would ya take 50 plus shipping?

Since photomc's Ilex shutter lacks an iris, I think he is seeking to front mount a barrel lens, so that he can continue to use the original iris of the barrel lens. So hearing about lens cells that were designed to mount front and back of the shutter in the usual configuration won't help him. The only factory supplied front mounted lenses that I can think of are macro lenses. It isn't a very efficient design because it requires a larger shutter size than a between the lens shutter. It works OK for short focal length macro lenses. Larger barrel lenses front mounted to shutters are usually custom jobs, post-factory.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    also a 19" Artar will fit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin