Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,382   Online: 716

Shooter
    Multi Format

Are you ready to salivate????

Just a bit of information to pass along.....

Yesterday afternoon about 4:30 I received a call from someone in Hollywood, CA that works at a company that builds custom equipment for the movie industry, asking if I could supply a screen for their 35mm film editing machine, to which I told sure, just give me the dimentions and we can supply it for you....he told me he was going to go to the shop and measure and get back to me.......sure, I have heard this story before!

Well he called back this morning, and told me he had solved his problem, I was not here to take the call......but my wife was, who many of you have spoke to......the way he solved his problem, this is going to hurt! He told her he went out in their warehouse and was looking around and opened a sealed box with a postal date of 1954 on it, never opened and found, low and behold a BRAND NEW, NEVER SHOT Deardorff 8x10! so he proceded to take the ground glass out of the back of it and cut it down to replace the ground glass screen on his 35mm editing machine!!!!! argggggggggggg

I have a call into him to see, if they might be interested is parting with this camera, but I about cried! How many of us have the opportunity to actually handle a brand new Deardorff, that was made in 1954, with all the paperwork, original instructions and the original packing materials....

I am dyeing here! hope he calls back soon, I may have to head to the bank to get a loan, but what a find!!!!!!

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well, clearly he didn't think it was anything of value, and compared to what things cost in the professional movie business, it isn't anything of value!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Deardorff, that was made in 1954,
    Great year. The Deardorff and I are the same age.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Well, clearly he didn't think it was anything of value, and compared to what things cost in the professional movie business, it isn't anything of value!
    David,

I think you and I may know a bit different.....

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    so he proceded to take the ground glass out of the back of it and cut it down to replace the ground glass screen on his 35mm editing machine!!!!! argggggggggggg
    This sounds like a guy who would desecrate graves for something to do on an idle afternoon...or write a shopping list on a Dead Sea scroll. yikes!!
    John Voss

My Blog

Images
    It'll be nicer with Satin Snow Ground Glass anyway.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave... I hope he decides it ain't worth nuttin' and sends it off to ya!!!
    Good luck and keep us posted.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Er, ah, Dave...what did you say this guys name was? ... and somehow his phone number disappeared from this thread...please repost
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Large Format
    ARRRGH!

Can somebody twist the knife a little more. Maybe that will distract me from the mental anguish. eeeeeeah-ug.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin