Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,733   Online: 1051

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Congrats Denis. It is a slippery slope you're on....watch your step.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    I am glad to see that you are getting such nice negs from your setup. Where does one get those little spacer thingies? I might even try them next.

Paul.
    Paul, if you take a closer look at the first digi shot of the setup I posted above, you'll see three plastic "tubes" - that's what I used. Those are part of JOBO "Formatholder" (JOBO part. # 4206) that was used for their paper drums, for developing of test strips and negatives. It also has a clear flexible plastic "wrapping", which I did not use. The three digi shots show clearly how it's done.

I'm not sure you can easily get that JOBO part any more. However, it should not be difficult to make the needed "spacers" yourself. Just get some rigid plastic tube, diameter of about 8-10mm (or anything you can lay your hands on of similar dimensions, even a plastic casing of a ball-point pen), cut into pieces of about 4 cm long, and cut these short tubes lengthwise. Then try attaching them to the inside ridges of the drum. It may take a few tries to find the right material, but it shouldn't be too complicated.
    I'm attaching photos of the spacers I used and the original JOBO "formatholder".
    NB: the ruler is in cm (centimeters).

As for agitation, I used the JOBO processor (older CPE with lift), starting with about 15 seconds on the faster speed (#2), and the rest was all done on SLOWER speed (marked with #1). I don't know if that makes any difference....

HTH,

Denis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spacer-0046.JPG   spacer-0047.JPG  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin