Congrats Denis. It is a slippery slope you're on....watch your step.
Paul, if you take a closer look at the first digi shot of the setup I posted above, you'll see three plastic "tubes" - that's what I used. Those are part of JOBO "Formatholder" (JOBO part. # 4206) that was used for their paper drums, for developing of test strips and negatives. It also has a clear flexible plastic "wrapping", which I did not use. The three digi shots show clearly how it's done.
Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
I'm not sure you can easily get that JOBO part any more. However, it should not be difficult to make the needed "spacers" yourself. Just get some rigid plastic tube, diameter of about 8-10mm (or anything you can lay your hands on of similar dimensions, even a plastic casing of a ball-point pen), cut into pieces of about 4 cm long, and cut these short tubes lengthwise. Then try attaching them to the inside ridges of the drum. It may take a few tries to find the right material, but it shouldn't be too complicated.
I'm attaching photos of the spacers I used and the original JOBO "formatholder".
NB: the ruler is in cm (centimeters).
As for agitation, I used the JOBO processor (older CPE with lift), starting with about 15 seconds on the faster speed (#2), and the rest was all done on SLOWER speed (marked with #1). I don't know if that makes any difference....