Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,906   Posts: 1,555,860   Online: 892

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    I suppose the Putztuch is analog - such things usually are.

I'm not certain if a Ross 25" f:6.8 is physically larger than my Schneider Göttingen Aerotar 500mm f:5.5? But "Big the Shutter" is larger than both of them - combined.
    Ole, the Ross is f/6.3. It and the Aerotar might have about the same diameter front element, but the Ross is probably longer and heavier. But you don't want a little lens like that, you want a 36"/4 Wray. The last time I was at Surplus Shack, I saw a lens built along those lines. They were using it as a coffee table.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Aerotar is not a little lens - it turned out to be a telephoto design with about 30cm back focus. It's massive - no relative of the Goerz Aerotar at all!

Not many people have seen one, except those who were at the Loen gathering
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    The Aerotar is not a little lens - it turned out to be a telephoto design with about 30cm back focus. It's massive - no relative of the Goerz Aerotar at all!

Not many people have seen one, except those who were at the Loen gathering
    But is it big enough to use as a coffee table?

Cheers,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin