Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,087   Online: 1122

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Blueberry jam is nice, but not on the emulsion side. I used it to stick a sheet of 30x40cm technical film to the glass plate in the holder, but put the film backside out. Something strange happened where the emulsion came into contact with the jam...
    Oh, now I get it, you were using blueberry jam as an adhesive! :o :rolleyes:

I am now ashamed of my Norwegian ancestry.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know what the big deal is about sticky notes on film holders. I use masking tape tags on mine, then transfer them from the holder to the developing tube when I unload, so the tube has (on the outside, where I can read it -- these are daylight fill) a record of what the exposure was.

Oh, wait...

My holders are single sided, so I don't have to put anything on the dark slide...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Images
    Good Evening,

Donald has the right idea--pieces of masking tape at hand (stuck to the tripod) and a Sharpie marking pen to record the data. Stick the tape on the dark slide after the exposure is made and the holder is removed from the camera; remove and discard the tape when it's no longer needed.

Konical

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker
    I'm not sure we should thank David for this. Now that Murphy knows that we know, doesn't that increase the chances of it happening to the rest of us?
    My guess - less than before. However, if you sniff carefully, you can smell the gears burning as he thinks up with something else.

My latest trick? - 9x12 film loaded into a 4x5 holder, which was used, of course, for a shot where the camera was pointed down. Exposed the first sheet, saw that the film was on the wrong side of the darkslide after I put it back in, said to myself, "Self, this couldn't happen twice." Whereupon it did. Took out the new-fangled non-film thing to take a shot so I would remember what I wanted to do. Left the card at home in the reader.
    The Kiev 88: Mamiya's key to success in Ukraine.

Photography without film is like Macroeconomics without reading goat entrails, and look at the mess that got us into.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've had a film jam before - it always leaves a nasty taste. I much prefer the blueberry or rasberry varieties.

A friendly tip from me: before loading new film into a holder, always open the holder half a centimetre or so and check that the holder is indeed empty. If you pull the slide all the way out in one go, you won't be able to salvage anything from the well exposed sheet already residing in the holder .....
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Hird
    I've had a film jam before - it always leaves a nasty taste. I much prefer the blueberry or rasberry varieties.

A friendly tip from me: before loading new film into a holder, always open the holder half a centimetre or so and check that the holder is indeed empty. If you pull the slide all the way out in one go, you won't be able to salvage anything from the well exposed sheet already residing in the holder .....
    Loaded holders reside in my fridge untill I leave for photographing.
    I just have to remember to take a few cans of beer along, so I don't forget to take out the holders :-)

G

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin