Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,402   Online: 937

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Composing

Shooter
    Multi Format

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Its a wonderful place to learn and my appreciation to all my teachers and those who encourge me here is boundless. I don't give up easy so I suspect more questions are in the making ;-)

Thank you

Ruvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All the above suggestions are terrific and will help a great deal. However, consider not composing on the ground glass at all. Instead, compose with a viewing card (a dark cardboard with a 4x5 cutout in it). You can learn to hold it as close to, or as far from your eye as will mimic what your chosen lens is seeing. Remember to close one eye when you do this to help reduce stereo vision and spend a moment squinting as well (as most painters do) to assess the values (tones) without paying attention to the actual objects you are about to photograph. When you've decided where you want to put the borders, set up the camera for what you've now 'seen' and fuss with the focus. At this point, everything others have suggested comes into play. For me, at least, this works wonderfully. Good luck
    John Voss

My Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin