Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,695   Online: 877

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So Hub isn't making Packards anymore? I wonder if mine will now attract collectors.

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hamley
    Thanks Steve! I see that these releases come with what looks like the more common (modern) cable release end (a plunger) I'm assuming that is why it costs $80!

I've e-mailed them directly figuring that they sell the bulb all by itself. I can get the tubing at a medical supply store.

-Bob
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    So Hub isn't making Packards anymore? I wonder if mine will now attract collectors.
    It took a bit of searching--they seem to hide it rather well, but here is the link:

http://www.hubphoto.com/_old%20site/...d-shutters.htm

I was just checking them last week as I was looking for a packard with a big (>=4") opening.

Matt

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    It took a bit of searching--they seem to hide it rather well, but here is the link:

http://www.hubphoto.com/_old%20site/...d-shutters.htm

I was just checking them last week as I was looking for a packard with a big (>=4") opening.

Matt
    Now THIS is among the reasons I LOVE APUG! (sorry Matt I don't mean you personally but I thank you all the same!)
    -B
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bob,

You can order just the bulb and bulk hose by the foot. I think the bulb is about $16 and the hose is a $1 per foot IIRC. No need to pay for the thingy on the end unless you just want it. The best thing is to call or e-mail and tell them what you have.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posted by Richard Knoppow on the pure-silver mailing list:

http://www.packardshutter.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just spoke with Reno at the Packard Shutter Company (a very nice guy, BTW) - That webpage just went active this morning!

Anyway, his father was the guy behind Packard shutters at Hub Photo. He's now finally retired, and Reno has moved the whole Packard shutter operation to California. At the moment, the truck with EVERYTHING is broken down somewhere in Wyoming! He hopes to be up and running soon.

I'll have to change the links for Packards on my website now...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laz127
    Thanks Steve! I see that these releases come with what looks like the more common (modern) cable release end (a plunger) I'm assuming that is why it costs $80!

I've e-mailed them directly figuring that they sell the bulb all by itself. I can get the tubing at a medical supply store.

-Bob

hey bob

there is a photo store in il. that sells degroff shutter releases ///

http://www.tallyns.com/

new they are 70 ...
    i got one used for 35 from the same people

- john

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hamley
    Bob,

You can order just the bulb and bulk hose by the foot. I think the bulb is about $16 and the hose is a $1 per foot IIRC. No need to pay for the thingy on the end unless you just want it. The best thing is to call or e-mail and tell them what you have.

Steve
    Done and done! I got the same recommendation for Packard from Adam at S.K. Grimes. I send an e-mail, but with their truck broken down on the road I think I'd better give them some breathing room and not bug them for a reply until they're settled!

-Bob
    rlazell@optonline.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin