Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,450   Posts: 1,597,165   Online: 1098

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on
    Polaroid here as well. Then I take the print, tape it to the film holder and write on it the exposure, date and time. Helps me keep track. If I take two shots (same exposure) I process the side without polaroid taped to it first.

That's an excellent system. Knowing my proclivity to expand the envelope on Murphy's Law, I'd end up with the polaroid in the tank....
    Thanks for the tip.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't shoot much 4X5 Polaroid. Instead, I keep a lot of Fujiroid 3x4 packs handy and use them in a 405 holder. I use far more Fujiroid in the Polanoid back for my Bronicas than with the 4X5 cameras.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Some people use some kind of expensive electric Lite-Brite thing that fits on the back of a LF camera...
    I love it! Great line David!
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    WEll I have a related question:

I have a cambo sc and wanted to get a polaroid back, I got a polaroid 545 land film polaroid back. But it doesn't fit! What kind of back do I need to shoot sheet film polas?

Kind regards,

Onno

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think this is a known problem with Cambo backs. If I remember correctly, they have a metal protrusion that is part of a mechanism that holds a release cable that attaches to a Sinar-style auto-diaphragm shutter. The idea is that you can focus and meter through the back at full aperture, insert the filmholder, and the lens automatically stops down by pressing the release. If you don't use this system, some people just grind off that obstruction.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hmm, that's not it though I think.. the slot is simply not big enough for the holder....
    the pola-holder is about an inch larger...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    An inch longer or an inch wider?

The standard 545 holder is the same wide as the 4x5 film holder.

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    wider. It won't fit at all.. Ok so which holder should I get?
    for sheets.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sure you did not get an older 545 that was made for the graflex back, the graflex back is wider than a standard 4x5 they are rare, but I see one pop up every once in a while, the standard 545 or 545i back should fit any camera that takes standard 4x5 holders.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried using paranoid but gave it up as my confidence built up. I thought it was a waste and at 2 bucks a pop, it wasn't really helping much. I figgured that I might as well bracket since I process my B\W anyway. Sometimes I shoot M\F along with the 4x5 if on the pod and process that first. However, I still woudl like to use it from time to time but it's so damn spendy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin