Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,724   Online: 862

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    i tested four 210 lenses before buying...

2 APO Symmar
    1 APO Sironar-S
    1 Fuji CM-W

the sironar-s was the best in all tests. the fuji cm-w's were a close second. the schneider came in third. i was so surprised by this after reading chris and kerry's reports that i tested a second one, but it didn't fare any better.

the 210 Sinronar-S is one of the finest lenses i have ever used.
    www.srosenberg.com

“But in every walk with Nature one receives far more than he seeks” --John Muir

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I agree with Scott,

I admit I do use my 210 S also on 8 x 10....not much movement, but good for landscapes and pull the bellows a bit for portraits...covers 5 x 7 with movements...

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Above I was referring to the Rodenstock Sironar S it just does cover the 8 x 10

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    i also use my 210 Sironar-S on 8x10... works like a champ.
    www.srosenberg.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just got a 210 G-Claron. I also have a 210 Geronar. Is there anything I can do with the Geronar that I can't do with the G-Claron? (in other words, do I have any reason to keep the Geronar now that I have the Claron?) The Claron came in a barrel, so I would be using the same shutter for either lens, and I really hate having multiple lenses in the same focal length (unless there's a good reason for it).

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi all

My APO Symmar 210 mm is my sharpest lens and I have total 18 other lenses wich stand behind it by just a tiny bit.
    Its my reference lens for lenstesting when I got a new one!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    johnars,

what other 210's did you test it against?
    www.srosenberg.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Enlarging 4x5" to 16x20" is a 4x enlargement. All 210mm lenses produced in the last 50 years (as well as many of the older ones) are capable of giving sufficient resolution on 4x5" film for that.

I use/have used a 210 APO-Lanthar, a 210 Xenar, a 210 Angulon (1947 vintage), as well as 180 Dagor, 180 Xenar, 240 Symmar, and a 210 Aplanat. Within your specification the only difference is in contrast, not sharpness.

Agreed. My 203 Ektar was every bit as good as the 210 Sironar N I had, just slower AND FAR SMALLER. Buy any used symmar/Sironar 5.6 is you want a fast lens o a 210 Claron/203 ektar if you dont (preferring small size)and I doubt you wil be disappointed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a 203 Ektar for a good number of years. It was a great lens in a mediocre shutter.

My guess is that these lenses have quite a bit of manufacturer variation. Some are really good, some average, and some poor. Hence you never know what you're going to get until you actually try it. A quick look at Chris Perez's lens tests will bear this out. Mind you, it's really hard to do good lens testing.

My own 210 is a fuji, and I'm very happy with it, but then I usually only make 11x14s from 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Scott

I tested it against a Symmar S 150mm, Rodenstoch APO N 360mm, APO Ronar MC 300mm, APO Ronar 480mm APO Nikkor 610mm and many more on a house with a distance of 500 meters with very tiny mosaic stones on the hole surface!
    How did you do the test with the test chart 5 meters away or what!
    Thats very the S is better!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin