Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,730   Online: 1085

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Cambo 4 x 5 lensboard with adapter?

Hi, I came across this lensboard with adapter on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of lensboard. Any idea what the inset board would fit. I'm wondering if this would allow me to interchange lenses between my Cambo view and either my Crown Graphic or my Toyo 45A.

Thanks!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well, it depends.....

Unless I missed it, the seller doesn't say what size the interior board is. If it was for a toyo, it would be 4.3" square - typically the largest of the compact lensboards. There are several that run at 3.5" square. The most common, the Technika, Wista boards are 3.9 X 3.8 inches. It is definately not one of those.

So, the answer is yes, it does give you the chance to multi-task your smaller lens boards but it has to be a good match or your buy more problems that you'll solve.

This whole rig looks hand-made to me so exercise caution and I'm sure you've noticed a $7.00 shipping fee................

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It is not the Technika to Cambo adapter board. I have one and it does not look like this. It could be the Toyo or the adapter for Cambo 23SF boards to the standard Cambo 4x5 board.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It looks very simular to the Toyo adapter board I have that accepts my graphic view boards..and in the question posed, he states 10cm(100mm) square, so I would suspect either graphic adapted or for some of the Calumet boards.

100mm is 3 15/16 approx,

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Someone already asked what size it was and the seller indicated that it was 10cm square. I don't know what camera that is for. Hmmm.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    Someone already asked what size it was and the seller indicated that it was 10cm square. I don't know what camera that is for. Hmmm.
    10cm Sq. would be the old 4X4" 'C' board like the earlier Speed Graphics used. It also fits Wisner, Zone VI, and Deardorff, and others. Also likely is the Graphic View metal 4X4 board. The earlier CC401 board is 4X4 but has a little different light trap.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

jl

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have one like this which takes Technika style boards and works well: http://cgi.ebay.com/Cambo-Adapter-to...QQcmdZViewItem
    It's also convenient for me since my other cameras also use Technika-style boards.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin