Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,287   Online: 876

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Zeiss lens equivalents?

I love the zeiss lenses on my hasselblad. Does zeiss make any lenses for 4x5 that would be similar in character?

thank you

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    zeiss made a few lenses for 4x5. the only one that was ever t* coated, i think, was the 135 planar and sells for tremendously high prices.
    www.srosenberg.com

“But in every walk with Nature one receives far more than he seeks” --John Muir

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    75/4.5 Biogon, 135/3.5 Planar, 250/5.6 Sonnar.

All splendid, all wonderful. Expressive, like a concert grand.

They do not offer as much coverage as today's lenses, but are sufficient for most purposes.

Similar in feel are the last production Tessars from Jena: 250, 300, and so on.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbysandstrom
    I love the zeiss lenses on my hasselblad. Does zeiss make any lenses for 4x5 that would be similar in character?

thank you
    I have a Hassleblad system with several Zeiss lenses.

IMHO the Schneider, Rodenstock and Docter Optics lenses equal or exceed the performance of the Zeiss lenses - in both MF and LF applications.

Also, I have found that many of my favorite MF and LF lenses are Fujinons.

The 90mm EBC Fujinon on my Fuji 690-II is more than a match for my 80mm T* Planar on the Hassleblad.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin