Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,654   Online: 644

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, I tried my shutter at 1/10, and guess what? At least with 127mm Ektar lens everything is sharp, without a single trace of shake blur! I was right, and you, too - the curtain clunks when it's stopped, but the frame is closed by the time so no blur can occur I am going to adapt many barrel lenses to my Speed, because my dear friend Mario can make to me as much good metal lensboards as I wish

Cheers, and thank you for your replies! I'll post my pictures soon!

Zhenya

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eumenius
    John, thank you for warm words - you're not alone with your powerful mamiya RB, this shake was the reason I never use it again I shoot mostly with my faithful C330f, and its mirror knows its place for sure

I'll try to shoot something with my FP shutter tomorrow - a couple of sheets are not too sorry to waste, especially if it's Fomapan 100

Good luck too,
    Zhenya
    A "rb" is a rotating back Graphics SLR camera, not a mamiya. I have a 3x4 rb and LOVE it. makes me feel like Weston. Of course, I have a way to go to get to Westonhood.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    A "rb" is a rotating back Graphics SLR camera, not a mamiya. I have a 3x4 rb and LOVE it. makes me feel like Weston. Of course, I have a way to go to get to Westonhood.

tim in san jose
    RB67, anyone?

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    This camera (the Anny) may not have the body-release. I know that my baby speed (pre-Anny) doesn't.

Matt
    The Anny and Pre-Anny both have a spot where you can screw in a cable release to trip the rear shutter. The release screws in from below into a little hole below the opposite end of the shutter lever from the trigger end. The body release on the Pacemaker was completely different, if memory serves.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use mine all the time. Vacuum out your camera, spray the rear shutter curtain with a light coat of silicone spray (per Ed Romney's advice) to both lubricate the curtain and help 'trap' the dust.. There are roller bearings that you should lube too but if it works it works.

My pictures seldom have shake (the time I used a 15" tele optar is an exception)
    and actually, I prefer the rear shutter. You can mount anything as long as you can get it onto a board.

As for lensboards, i use opaque plastic sheets that are salvaged from whatever I can find. Computer bezels, signs, plastic cases, etc.

I have a rotary grinder (think big dremel) and I grind the top and bottom edges like this;

/---------------\ <- one bevel

Then I just plain grind out a hole in the middle. Loosening up the screws on the lensboard retainer (sliding things top and bottom) help grip the board.
    I've about 8 lenses mounted this way and it works great for me. YMMV.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip P. Dimor
    and actually, I prefer the rear shutter. You can mount anything as long as you can get it onto a board.
    I do as well. In the cold months, it never freezes and gets sluggish.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin