Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,497   Online: 1029

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Film holders: Free to good home.

In a small lot of 8x10 holders I purchased, came 3 holders that are about 7"x9" I am clueless as to what format they are for. If this size is recognizable to anyone and you're jumping up and down saying "gimme gimme gimme" I'll give 'em to you.
    -Bob
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Are they perhaps 6 1/2" x 81/2" holders? I have no need for them, yet.

Wayne

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most likely correct, they're almost certainly "full plate" holders, and finding film to fit them might be an adventure, at least in the USA. I'd bet Retro Photographic in UK would have film in that size, though, just the way J&C Photo here carries centimeter size films and inch size sheet film smaller than 4x5...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laz
    In a small lot of 8x10 holders I purchased, came 3 holders that are about 7"x9" I am clueless as to what format they are for. If this size is recognizable to anyone and you're jumping up and down saying "gimme gimme gimme" I'll give 'em to you.
    -Bob
    Gimme, gimme, gimme if they are 6.5 x8.5 holders. I'm building a full-plate camera.
    pm sent.

Joe

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If they should happen to be 18x24cm, I'll be happy to take them
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin