Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,869   Online: 1050

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all, always love to learn new things.
    Mike, the Fujinon-W 150mm/5.6 lens comes in Copal #0 shutter, as most regular 150mm LF lenses I'm aware about. The lens is quite small and light - 52mm front size and weights about 250 gr at all.
    BTW, your advise about keeping the holders dust free by vacuuming and storing i ziplock bags is soemthing to consider indeed. Will keep it in my mind, thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexz
    Thank you all, always love to learn new things.
    Mike, the Fujinon-W 150mm/5.6 lens comes in Copal #0 shutter, as most regular 150mm LF lenses I'm aware about. The lens is quite small and light - 52mm front size and weights about 250 gr at all.
    BTW, your advise about keeping the holders dust free by vacuuming and storing i ziplock bags is soemthing to consider indeed. Will keep it in my mind, thanks.
    Well that sounds great then. Have you downloaded th Ebony manual page available online? Since Shen Hoa's, don't come with instructions, it can be handy.

Mike Davis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No Mike, I did not. Should I ?
    Is Shen-Hao's operation exactly similar to Ebony 4x5 counterpart ? I wasn't aware about this.
    What is their link ? (ebony.com or ebonycamera.com aren't relevant for them)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexz
    What is their link ? (ebony.com or ebonycamera.com aren't relevant for them)
    Not an exact manual, but pretty close:

http://www.ebonycamera.com/media/sv45.users.guide.pdf

And there is this one which is in Italian, but the pictures are pretty helpful and it is of an actual Shen-Hao and not an Ebony.

http://www.nadir.it/ob-fot_grande/sh...ni/default.htm
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Alex, I will have to find the link. But the instructions are close. One of the tricky things that I noticed at first was in closing you need to push the rear brackets out of the detents. Also, before you shoot, make sure that the bellows is properly attached front and rear, top and bottom. There are sliders that make it easy to change the bellows and its a good idea to check the bellows occasionally to make sure that its seated properly (particularly when its been off).

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That's the one Jeremy. I had seen the Italian as well but I never printed it. I printed the Ebony version and just stuck it in my camera case.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, thanks. Downloaded one, will sit against the camera to elarn the basics :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One thing I advise is to make sure that you get a ground glass protector. When the camera is folded one side of it is the ground glass, it would be very easy to scratch or break it, and almost impossible not to get the stray fingerprint on it without a protector. I bought a mess of anti static ziplock bags from staticbags.com and am using them to strore my holders. If you pm me your address I can send you a few as a camera warming gift.

Good luck!

Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks a lot Paul, much appreciation.
    Will PM you my shipping address, let me know how much are S&H. :-)

As about the GG protector - intended to order one from Badger togather with teh camera, but forgot. Will have to figure how to obtain one now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdavis
    One of the things that I'm anal about in LF is making sure that my holders and changing tent are clean. I vacuum my holders before I load and then store them in a ziplock bag until I use them.
    Mike, what kind of vacuum do you use? I have been looking at small electronics vacuums and the like and haven't found something yet, although I am not sure what I am looking for. If anyone else has ideas here, chime in as well. Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin