Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,081   Posts: 1,635,620   Online: 1004

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBriggs
    P.S. Alexz: The link that you found probably won't interest Kerry. It is a copy of a rec.photo discussion in which he was a participant.
    Yes, I remember that thread. The original table was full of errors, incorrect statements and approximations. Whoever compiled the original table took a good stab at it, but they seemed inclined to fill in their own opinions/assumptions wherever they lacked actual data.

Kerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Kerry, very comprehensive.
    I understand, quality-wise there is little (if any at all) reason to suspect this particular lens to be lesser then its younger copies (from ;ate 80s, early 90s), right ?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexz
    Thank you Kerry, very comprehensive.
    I understand, quality-wise there is little (if any at all) reason to suspect this particular lens to be lesser then its younger copies (from ;ate 80s, early 90s), right ?
    Alex,

There have been no changes to the design. As long as the lens is in the condition described, the performance should be quite excellent. If the age impacts anything, it might be the resale value (new "green stripe" models usually fetch a modest premium over older, unstriped samples) - but again here, condition is more important than exact age.

Kerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Kerry a lot, sounds indeed reassuring.

Alex

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin