Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,749   Online: 952

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brad, another option is to use a stepping ring which is too large for the outside of the lens barrel. Go to Checker Auto or Auto Zone and look at their selection of "O" rings. There are many different sizes, but you need to find one which is a good fit on the outside of the barrel and is fairly thick (3/32" or 1/8" maybe?). Once you have this "O" ring, you can measure the O.D. of the ring, in place on the lens, and find a stepping ring which is close enough to get a firm bite into the outside edge of the ring. You can roll the "O" ring onto the barrel, then screw the stepping ring onto the "O" ring and have a firm mount without marring the finish of the lens. If you have a selection of filters which are already too large for the lens, you're in business. tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use this old Kodak Adjustable filter holder. It fits lenses from 1 11/16" to 2 3/8" (Spring loaded) and was meant for the Wratten 3" filters. I use it with the cokin filters. Found it in an old camera shop.

I don't know if they are still made, it works very well.

A quick google search found this page. Filter holders

I don't know anything about the company. The prices are high ($75 for the Kodak holder) like mine.

--John

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JHannon
    I use this old Kodak Adjustable filter holder. It fits lenses from 1 11/16" to 2 3/8" (Spring loaded) and was meant for the Wratten 3" filters. I use it with the cokin filters. Found it in an old camera shop.

I don't know if they are still made, it works very well.

A quick google search found this page. Filter holders

I don't know anything about the company. The prices are high ($75 for the Kodak holder) like mine.
    Thanks John. I'll keep this in mind. $75 is, indeed, a litte steep.

Quote Originally Posted by noseoil
    Brad, another option is to use a stepping ring which is too large for the outside of the lens barrel. Go to Checker Auto or Auto Zone and look at their selection of "O" rings. There are many different sizes, but you need to find one which is a good fit on the outside of the barrel and is fairly thick (3/32" or 1/8" maybe?). Once you have this "O" ring, you can measure the O.D. of the ring, in place on the lens, and find a stepping ring which is close enough to get a firm bite into the outside edge of the ring. You can roll the "O" ring onto the barrel, then screw the stepping ring onto the "O" ring and have a firm mount without marring the finish of the lens. If you have a selection of filters which are already too large for the lens, you're in business.
    Another good idea. Had thought of using rubber bands but, this is better and cheap too. Will have to give this one a try.

Quote Originally Posted by panchromatic
    Thats exactly what i have for my 127 ektar for my crown graphic. Mine you can attach a hood to it as well.

If you need an yellow filter PM me i think i have 2.
    Ryan, thanks. Depending on where I go with this, I may well be in contact.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Do you actually have the Series Filter size you need (not the series numbers, but the diameter for that particular lens?) - the come/came in a multitude of diameters.

I can dig out the one I have for my 127mm ektar (I may even have a spare) and check the diameter written o the slip on

then you can just hunt one down on ebay - they come up frequently though you need a bit of patience to find just the right one. They usually go for just a few dollars

Yep - and once you have the right slip on you can fit lens hoods, use and adapter to another Series size or an adapter to a "regular" filter size

Let me know if you need me to dig around in my filter box and find the right diameter.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim
    Do you actually have the Series Filter size you need (not the series numbers, but the diameter for that particular lens?) - the come/came in a multitude of diameters.

I can dig out the one I have for my 127mm ektar (I may even have a spare) and check the diameter written o the slip on

then you can just hunt one down on ebay - they come up frequently though you need a bit of patience to find just the right one. They usually go for just a few dollars

Yep - and once you have the right slip on you can fit lens hoods, use and adapter to another Series size or an adapter to a "regular" filter size

Let me know if you need me to dig around in my filter box and find the right diameter.

I have three lenses that are 38mm (1-1/2 inch) O.D. SO, I guess it would need to slip on to that size?

yes, it's the 1 1/2" (38mm) Series VI - I missed that link earlier - that's the one

If you don't win that one on ebay for a few bucks, I have a spare laying around. They come up pretty regularly on ebay though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin