Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,850   Online: 718

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    Congrats on your initial success, André. The first view of that 8x10 ground glass is pretty neat, but there's nothing like holding that first negative up to the light, eh?
    You said it, man. When I first took that neg out of the fixer and held it up I was done. No real need to wash, print, or anything. I just went on and did those things out of habit.

Which was good, because those contact prints are nice too!

And what I really liked was the simplicity of the printing process. Smaller trays, less chemistry, no need to grain focus, no light fall off from the enlarger. Simple.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    This is just like having your first kid..... your life will never be the same again (in a good way). Enjoy the experience and good for you.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Congratulations from a miniature film user....

Congratulations, Andre! Welcome to LF & the mighty 8x10! FWIW, The WOW factor keeps growing with each exposure.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Congratulations on your first efforts.

To echo Jay's experience, I have used APHS using paper developer as well for masking. Dektol 1-10 works pretty well.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Andre,

welcome to the north texas large format club.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations Andre!!! Know what you mean about the negative...it still happens everytime for me.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    congratulations andré!

if you ever run out of $ to feed your new beast film, and need to give it a healthy diet of paper ( for paper negatives ) ... you can get great results processing in semi-expired ansco130 and using a water bath to slow down your contrast

have fun + can't wait to see some of your 8x10 portraits!

- john

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Andre',welcome to the world of LF!

John, semi-expired? I didn't know there was such a state of being.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations Andre...I still get that same thrill whenever I pull an 8x10 negative out of the fixer.

I wonder how your negative would look on Azo. Might be worth a try...Azo has an amazingly long scale and can hold an incredible amount of information. (I have one of my early Azo prints in my office, and I'm still stunned by how well the paper held the information that was in that negative...simply amazing stuff.)

All of the best as you learn to use 8x10 more effectively. In time it'll be second nature to you...and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Just be careful of looking at larger cameras...the lust can be overpowering!

Be well.
    Dave
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin