Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,120   Online: 767

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My condolences. You'll never be the same again. Not only that, if 8x10 is good, your mind will start toying with what is even better - yes, 11x14 negs are nice and then there's those enticing panoramic formats - you get the drift!
    Enjoy the journey. Had to smile at the MF alternate acronym.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    andre...
    awesome. I cant wait to see your 8x10s... all those gorgeous MF shots of yours and now we get to see it all through the LF. excitin.

oh and welcome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    Andre',welcome to the world of LF!

John, semi-expired? I didn't know there was such a state of being.

diane,
    its the stuff as black as coca cola, that you don't dare throw out because it still works

- john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats, Andre!

Now I've got to get home this evening and do some printing and then shooting to catch up!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to 8X10. I still shoot lots of 4X5 (as I get older, my back gets weaker) but some things just don't seem to work without the big camera. Wish I had the bucks (and the back) for something even bigger. Dean
    dphphoto

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ahhhh. Another potential lens customer! Welcome Andre. Did you see my mini article a few months back about developing APHS lith films. Check it out. It's here. Works REALLY slick. And when you get around to playing with the Platinum Palladium you'll find the APHS negs pack a real punch. If they just barely fit onto AZO they'll be dynamite with pt pd.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim Galli, you self-marketing devil, repent from your evil ways ! Thanks for posting the link to your article. I've seen it before, but wanted to try stand development first. I'll give Jdef's method and yours a try in the next few sheets. For the next one, I think I'm going to cut down to 1:666 and a bit less initial agitation, and see where that takes me. If it takes me to a thin neg, I'll move on to something else.

Thanks to everyone else, and especially to Jeremy Moore, who hooked me up with the camera and a few other goodies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim...I have to tell you...your article really made me want a larger camera! I got to thinking just how cheap 8x20 would be...and I have a few lenses that will cover. Now if only I could find a cheap camera that could do 8x20 vertically...time to pull out the wood working tools...
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

8x10

Congrats Andre!! Looks like we got another one.... post soon and often.
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi there,

Congrats Andre, welcome to the hunt. For Freestyle's APHS I tripped over an article on the net, if I fine the link I'll post it. PMK pyro with 1/2 of the B solution / 12 min. @ 70*F start time.

Good fun and Great luck with it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin