Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,022   Online: 1003

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Greg,

I have them and they are currently for sale. See the APUG classifieds for details.

Thanks,
    Kerry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Note to international (non-US) buyers: Please include your phone number when requesting a shipping quote. It is required for Global EMS shipping and it will speed the process along if I have it up front when you send your address.

Thanks,
    Kerry

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cperez
    ... Or offered a completely nutter 210mm F/4.5 Tessar in a #3 shutter? Or had lenses as long as 1000mm's. Only the truly devoted or over the top insane would ever do such things....
    What's so "nutter" about a 210mm f:4.5 Tessar in #3 shutter? I have a Xenar, and it's great. Even greater (in both senses of the word) is the 300mm f:4.5 Xenar, in a #5 Compound shutter.

I've also recently seen a 1200mm f:16 Apo-Ronar for sale...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format

240 Germinar - W Aperture Engraving

Quote Originally Posted by forksphoto
    SK Grimes,
    I have called them this morning, and I can confirm that they already have all the information they need at least for the 150mm, 240mm and the 300mm. So you just need to contact them (I'm getting my shutters from SK Grimes).

I also asked about the possibility of another group discount and mentioned the fact that likely they will be getting many more calls. They said they would get back to me on that.

At any rate, I have already put my order in with SK Grimes and nothing more is needed on my part.

Best
    Joe
    Good Day Folks,

We will be doing a production run of 240mm Germinar scales (full stops) for the modern Copal #1 shutters. In order to receive the discounted engraving price, we need you to contact us and place an order by Friday the 3rd.

A quick note about our email…
    We have been notified that, on occasion, emails sent to our account are bouncing. So if you don’t hear back from us in 24 hours, please resend the order request to our apug account.

Adam Dau

PS. Everyone who has placed an order since January 27th will receive the discounted price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm considering joining also, will need for 240mm Germinar, however have yet found the shutter to acquire..
    Is attaching the scale to the shutter easy enough to do by a non-qualified in fine mechanics person ? What is the procedure ?

How can I distinguish modern Copal #1 shutter the scale will be intended for from an older one ?

Regards, Alex

P.S. Adam, can you please to disclose the actual discount price (or PM) ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alexz,
    Yes, removing the old aperture scales is fairly straightforward. There are two scales mounted on the sides of the shutter, top and bottom. Both are held in place with two small screws. Be careful in removing the scales, because once loosened, the curved metal of the scale will pull at the screws and kick them to places where you will never find them!

Newer Copal 1 shutters have the scales mounted on the sides of the shutter directly opposite each other. Older Copal 1 shutters will have one scale mounted on the "face" of the shutter, opposite the cocking lever. It takes the form of a semi-circular "smile" on the face of the shutter (facing the shutter directly from the front.) An older Copal will have a second aperture scale directly underneath this, mounted on the side of the shutter body.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by S.K. Grimes
    Good Day Folks,

We will be doing a production run of 240mm Germinar scales (full stops) for the modern Copal #1 shutters. In order to receive the discounted engraving price, we need you to contact us and place an order by Friday the 3rd.

A quick note about our email…
    We have been notified that, on occasion, emails sent to our account are bouncing. So if you don’t hear back from us in 24 hours, please resend the order request to our apug account.

Adam Dau

PS. Everyone who has placed an order since January 27th will receive the discounted price.
    Hello Adam, I'm interested in your price also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm a happy camper....
    My lenses have arrived already. They were professionally packed, and are in pristine condition (as described). I can vouch for the fact that the rest of you will be very happy, very soon, if not already.

Best
    Joe

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Joe,

Glad to hear you are happy with the condition of your lenses and that they arrived promptly. I hope you enjoy using them.

To everyone else who has ordered and paid for any lenses. All lenses were shipped within 24 hours of payment (usually less, depending on what time of day you paid). You should be receiving your lenses shortly. All US purchases were shipped via insured USPS Priority Mail and all non-US orders were shipped via insured Global EMS. So, please watch your mail boxes and front doors for your new toys to arrive.

Other than the 1000mm APO Germinars and 210mm Tessars, I still have plenty of all the other lenses available. So, if you are happy with your purchase(s), please tell your friends, neighbors and fellow practitioners of analog photography about these great lenses. Once these are sold out, I don't anticipate getting any more.

Thanks,
    Kerry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I want to also add my 2c worth - my lens arrived yesterday, extremely professionally packed, and in truly like-new condition. I just have to get another lens board to put it on to give it a try.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin