Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,715   Posts: 1,483,041   Online: 779

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 240 Germinar-W arrived today. Sweet!!! .

Kerry; a sincere THANK YOU for going to all of the time & trouble, to provide all of these eminently usefull tools, at such reasonable prices.

It's Christmas all over!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A little update:

I bought a 150/9 Germinar-W in the first round, and it's been sitting here since. My spare #0 shutter was "dodgy", and the one which was good had already got a 121mm Leitmeyr Weitwinkel-Anastigmat in it. So the Germinar was left out.

Then about a month ago I bought a Zeiss-Ikon shutter for the stunning price of about $7.50 - it probably came off a folding camera. It was here waiting for me when I got home from the North Sea.

And today I got the brilliant idea to see if the Germinar cells would fit in that shutter.

They did. Spacing is correct too, at least to within 1/20 mm, which is as good as I can measure.

Aperture markings also seem to be exactly one stop out, so it seems the shutter has originally held a 105mm f:4.5 lens in a 6x9 camera.

Maybe it's time for another "normal lens shootout"? 135mm Eurynar, Planar and Skopar; 150mm Germinar, Tessar, APO-Lanthar and Heliar; ca. 150mm Aplanat, 6" Serrac?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ole,

I too recently picked up a new (NOS) shutter that a 150 Germinar W fits into. Gads! it's a light little lens. Must be around 100grams in shutter.

Recently, several lenses turned up that I couldn't resist. I'm thinking of hauling my Arca Swiss rig out to a burial grounds to see how sharp things can be. I'd like to again visit old vs new lens resolution and image contrast. I'm also thinking it would be good to take a more critical look at the rendition of out of focus areas based on the shape of the aperture. Somone recommended trees against the sky as a simple subjective comparison of out of focus areas.

In 150mm lenses, I now have a #33(?) Kodak Anastigmat f/4.5 (uncoated, very round iris), Schneider Symmar Convertible f/5.6 (single coated, in round iris Prontor Press), Germinar W f/9 (multi-coated, round iris Prontor and 5 blade Copal iris), and a Fuji W/EBC f/5.6 (multi-coated, 5 blade Copal iris and remounted in round iris Prontor Press). It'll be a simple matter of a little film, several aperture settings, a little processing, and a wee-bit-o-print'n. All the shutters should be quiet enough to keep from distrubing the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    ... Maybe it's time for another "normal lens shootout"? 135mm Eurynar, Planar and Skopar; 150mm Germinar, Tessar, APO-Lanthar and Heliar; ca. 150mm Aplanat, 6" Serrac?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Kerry-

The 150mm Germinar-W arrived today after being mounted by S.K. Grimes.

WOW! What a sweet little unit.

Thanks!

Brian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm searching for a used germinar 240 at a reasonable price (can't afford the $600+ I'm finding) & was hoping to catch someone here who bought one years ago & would consider selling - please ping me if you can help me out. Thanks! -Pat

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    These are difficult to find since they were produced only for a short time.

Have you considered a 240mm G-Claron, 240mm Fujinon-A, or a Fujinon 250mm f6.7?

I think any of these would give a similar look and have the same approximate coverage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are rare. I have both the fujinon 250mm f6.7 and the 240mm Germinar-W and have just recently decided to keep my 250mm Fujinon and sell the 240mm. If Pat passes on it, I will post it for sale on this forum and the LF forum. Jon
    Everyone has a constitutional right to be an idiot; that does not mean you should exercise your right!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin